I make small in-line spinners as a hobby and sell them to a local bait & tackle shop to avoid a ridiculous stockpile. Due to an underwhelming demand this past year, I am giving away 60 (no, that's not a typo-

post-32852-0-33746200-1346426064.jpg

that's SIXTY) in-line spinners.

The first 10 PM's get the following:

One each of my Firetiger, Red & White, Synthetic Green, Black, and Juvenile Perch; pictured below.

post-32852-0-50689000-1346425789_thumb.jpg

In addition to these, each set will include either a "Crappie Killer" mini in-line (pictured center below,) or one of my Premium spinners (either side.)

post-32852-0-99207700-1346426049.jpg

There IS a catch though- (he he, puns are fun) I want you guys to get out there and enjoy them! Don't let them go to waste!

It'd be pretty great if you could post pics in this thread of what you catch with them. And before you ask, (sorry, Chile :( ) these are not rated for saltwater.

Also- shipping is on me, so don't ask about that either.

Ok, let the giveaway begin!!!

• Like 5

Bummer... no saltwater. Oh well... great giveaway regardless! (Lotsa freshwater around here, but since I bought my ocean boat I haven't been on a river in 7 years!)

Lucky duck! Yeah, not much call for saltwater by me, so I've never messed with it.

Ok, I'm heading into work and we're up to 5 sets spoken for.

Edit: Make ^that 6!

Btw- I recommend 4-8lb test on a light or medium-light action rod for these. (I use a 5' 5" Uglystick w/a Mitchell Advochet II and 6lb Vanish line.)

Edited by JonnyDingDongs
  • Like 1

Thats some nice craftsmen ship there Jimmy. I used to make my own lures when I was a kid (with mixed results) not as nice as the ones you make. You should post some piccs of them outside the bags!

If I managed to claim the last set... I'll post pics of them out of the bag, with some fish hanging off'em too boot 032.gif
  • Like 1

Thats some nice craftsmen ship there Jimmy. I used to make my own lures when I was a kid (with mixed results) not as nice as the ones you make. You should post some piccs of them outside the bags!

If I managed to claim the last set... I'll post pics of them out of the bag, with some fish hanging off'em too boot 032.gif

Please do!! And yup, Chile got the last one.

I'll post more pics tonight while I address everything.

Bonus round:

One extra lure to whomever can guess how much I sell them for! (Price Is Right rules)

Let the madness begin!!! :lol:

• Like 2

I'll buy a set of USA made lures from you! Damn Mepps and Panthers are made in China now. Disgusting.

Would like to try them out here in the rivers and lakes of NW Montana.

Thanks!

I'd love to be able to sell some, but I'm pretty sure this thread would be considered "advertising." I'd hate to violate forum rules...

If you can clear it with a mod, I'm all for it!

ETA: Yeah, Mepps spinners piss me off. In my honest, if not humble, :) opinion mine are of higher quality and are not made by some Chinese kid in a sweat shop...

Edited by JonnyDingDongs
  • Like 2

Ok, here they are! (.45ACP added for scale)

post-32852-0-96772000-1346469206_thumb.jpg

Looks like the bonus lure is going to Chile, although you technically all lost. :P

"Closest without going over" and nobody guessed under! I sell my lures for $1.50/ea. I figured that low of a cost would throw you guys a curveball. :)

I think I figured out one time that IF -huge if- I were to sell an entire run (200-300 lures,) I would make $0.02/hr. But hey, it's just a hobby. And the enthusiastic responses I've gotten from you guys on this giveaway makes it worthwhile.

Unless I hear back from the last two of you (still need addresses), 8 of the 10 packages will ship tomorrow.

The smallest envelopes I could get from the post office were friggin' huge though, so don't be surprised if I throw in some extra goodies to validate the shipping cost. :)

• Like 4

That's a freaking steal! They look pretty bad-ass.

:blush: Thanks man!

Well I'm heading out to the post office to drop these packages off. I forgot to mention that I am extremely fucking lazy, so I filled out the return addresses the same way I sign everything at work:

post-32852-0-67365900-1346511642.jpg

This also ensures that none of you guys can pay me for these. :smoke:

Enjoy!

ETA: Apparently the post office requires a return address for parcels over 1/4" thick.. I didn't realize that. :-/ So my address is on there, but blurry as hell. (junky-ass sharpie)

Most of you should receive these by Tuesday, according to the chick who processed them. So here we go! Everybody have a safe and enjoyable Labor Day and get out and do some fishin' next week!

Edited by JonnyDingDongs
  • Like 2