Ok, so I've done some research, I tried to use the search function to find.. reviews of the Century Arms Converted Saiga 12 and didn't find anything. And I've been wanting a Saiga 12 for the longest time!

Besides for the Sheppards Hook (Which I hear you can just buy the plate to replace it..) Would this be a good Saiga 12 to buy? I'd like to spend less as possible and would rather buy a Saiga 12 that's already converted.. and for 845$, this seems like a fair price. I know Century Arms have a really bad rep, but since they didn't really build the gun, I'd think it'd be safe.

I do, however, see another Saiga 12 I want, it's the one that Red Jacket converted(I'm also a Red Jacket fan..) but it says there's a 4-6weeks waiting period which I'm not fond of.. also 3-400$ more.

Originally I was going to get the CZ 712, but.. Saiga 12 sounds so much more fun.

Wouldn't I need to pay the FFL fees anyways? The store has no shipping where I'm buying it from.. And I do plan on modding it out, everything on this package is very basic so 850 w/ no tax/shipping seems very reasonable to me, if they do convert it properly.

I just want facts, I've read mixed reviews on it, I don't want to get it and find out they did something bad that can't be reversed easily.

Spend 600 on an unconverted one and do it yourself, if your a cheap bastard like me you can reuse alot of parts. Then just buy tapco trigger group,pistol grip, and buttstock. I think my conversion was around 90 dollars with shipping. But I have decided I didn't want to mod my gun, just burn through ammo and blast clay pigeons. All the reliability work and testing can be done by you. When I crank through a few mags with no FTE's and my buds are trying to keep up stuffing shells into the tube of their guns it's great.

• Like 2

Alright, I read up on the conversion.. I remember reading about it someplace else where you had to cut into the receiver, but it seems you don't have to do that by the write up here. I can get one for 610$.. Guess that's not a bad price, 630$ total after FFL. Looks like I'll be converting it myself.. wasn't really a fan of Century Arms anyways.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

And now you've learned that when you post about about paying someone else to convert your gun or buying one already converted what the responses will be. If you would prefer to buy one and have a professional convert it, its your money and your time, please feel free to do it. There is no shame in not feeling comfortable to do it yourself.There are a lot of business members on here that would be happy to assist you.

Really not hard to do UNLESS the gas ports are covered/or/partially covered. Then it's a little more work, but not too involved (cheepo Harbor Freight press is nice. (See my recent post about gas ports...read it all, just posted more today.). Mine was a 2012 build, couldn't even see the 4th. port. I've probably spent more than most on this conversion because the gun was built for mainly competition use..$610 is a good price today... the 1st. 2 Saiga 12's I bought from CDNN were $189 each back in the day...

If you go the "tuber" way... The Mossberg JM Series is a no brainer, competiton ready right out of the box... Yes you can play with it... I've polished the loading port a bit/ added a longer Nordic extention tube.....Shoots anything!! Less expensive than the CZ

Edited by mikeAZ
Besides for the Sheppards Hook (Which I hear you can just buy the plate to replace it..) Would this be a good Saiga 12 to buy?

Want to point out that there is nothing wrong with using a shepherd's crook. I actually prefer them over retaining plates, e-clips, etc. because a good one will not allow the pins to rotate in the receiver.

• Like 2