What ammo do you prefer in your saiga12?

I'm not following you. Sorry.

I use factory plugs when I do these insane dump videos. They are less restrictive than every other option that I am aware of and they allow for a larger volume in the gas block while the regulator is installed. I think the only real benefit that aftermarket "plugs" offer is that they may fit a little tighter and seal to the gas block better. Other than that, all they offer is increased adjustability between the most restrictive setting and wide open setting. Try some Teflon tape around the regulator as a means of minimizing gas loss. I'm not exactly sure where you want to go with this or what you are trying to achieve. I really wish I understood, so I can help.

I use factory plugs when I do these insane dump videos. They are less restrictive than every other option that I am aware of and they allow for a larger volume in the gas block while the regulator is installed. I think the only real benefit that aftermarket "plugs" offer is that they may fit a little tighter and seal to the gas block better. Other than that, all they offer is increased adjustability between the most restrictive setting and wide open setting. Try some Teflon tape around the regulator as a means of minimizing gas loss. I'm not exactly sure where you want to go with this or what you are trying to achieve. I really wish I understood, so I can help.

No, your good. I just don't know enough to explain what I am trying to get at. Thanks for your help, I am honing to have to try a few things and maybe do a little more searching.

No, your good. I just don't know enough to explain what I am trying to get at. Thanks for your help, I am honing to have to try a few things and maybe do a little more searching.

There is a lot of info here to absorb. Bear in mind that it is hard to diagnose these things from afar and you may be offered wildly varying advice. When I got here, I used the advice as a means of understanding the basic concepts and then applied what I wanted to do. I can make them run well now on nearly anything. You will get there. Never give up....

I use my reloads the most.

7/8 oz loads with 18.7 grains of TiteWAD and a Cheddite primer, wad is a claybuster grey wad for 7/8 loads.

I barely had to open up my 3 ports on each S12. I have 2 S12's.

My guns are not over gassed at all. I can run factory loads and the rear trunion looks the same from 800 rounds ago.

Regards

Frosty

• Like 1

i shoot pretty much the same frosty but i use red dot cause thats all i could find atm. moving to promo when this lb is done.

and mohawk bob all a autoplug does is allow a certain amount of gas back. all extra gas is ported in the atmosphere. it doesn't allow more just what your gun needs to run.

i shoot pretty much the same frosty but i use red dot cause thats all i could find atm. moving to promo when this lb is done.

and mohawk bob all a autoplug does is allow a certain amount of gas back. all extra gas is ported in the atmosphere. it doesn't allow more just what your gun needs to run.

That's what I was looking for and trying to explain. Thanks

00 buck, normally rem tac 8. Patterns nice. Just to blast stuff, #6-8, whatever. Lays slugs in too. Also use an auto plug. Had to turn. Inthe big screw in the front if it when it backed itself out and have it tuned perfectly. Mainly got the plug because i like the ease of going from 00 to weak cheap #8... put a different shell in the mag lol.

Edited by sneaky

For close range/hostage shots I would prefer to use slugs that donl't use a wad. Other use (HD)would entail use of 000. This ball diameter, .36" (x8), was sufficient for Hickok. For general hunting would be the BRI type slug. Light use (range) would be the lightest load the S-12 will cycle.

Edited by EWOKETEER