Just ordered the Nordic Components Compact Retractable Stock for my S1

Sorry, its supposed to say S12:(

After building a bunch of ARs, I recently begun working on my S12 again. I purchased the Nordic Components Compact Retractable Stock because I haven't seen an S12 with one and I didn't want to get a folder, it hasn't arrived yet, but when it does, its going right on. I'll also be adding a Tac-47 magwell.... Check it out!!!

ncak47retracstock05.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by RGVBadBoy

I wonder how much it will flex under the recoil of a 12 ga? I like the way it looks much better than the non-AK100 folders out there.

I like it too.... I think it'll be fine with the recoil, I don't think the S12 has too much recoil anyway.... If it works, it works, if not... Oh well, I didn't break the bank on it.... Edited by RGVBadBoy
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, the stock came in today, my S12 is completely taken down, gettting ready to be sent to Tac-47:) but I was able to mock up the stock with the old bolt in ar stock adaptor and old safety selector switch and MONEY!!!! IT FIT LIKE A GLOVE!!!! I'm so goddam excited, it looks SICK!!!

As for the stock quality, it is crazy good, the stock base is made of billet steel and feels extremely durable and sturdy, the rods themselves are a heavy gauge steel and seem to also be extremely strong, the whole set up feels extremely tight when mounted, i'll try to get some pics of the mock up so y'all can see:)

• Like 1

Okay, in the pic below, you will see the button that is located on the side of the base, its a pretty pronounced button made of billet steel aswell, it has a roll pin at the end of the rod that keeps the steel rods from going past the stocks base, I tried to get some better pics, but my phone camera is just unsatisfactory. This is the way it looks mounted on an AR 15 stock adapter, but I'm going to do a weld in one, I'm gonna try to get the tube adapter to sit inside the receiver, an inverted tube adaptor, I'm just hoping I can fabricate something that will clear the trunion

2012091017273821.jpg

By mikeg253 at 2012-09-10

Edited by RGVBadBoy
  • Like 1

So, I'm seeing that its not gonna happen me using a weld in piece that will clear the trunion, gonna have to come up with another option because I don't have a rear tang..... If my receiver still had the tang intact, I could have just gotten the one for AKs, but I don't so I had to get the AR 15 version.

mail1we.jpg

91117130.jpg

Edited by RGVBadBoy

That is a pretty slick looking stock. What type of AR adapter are you using on it? I noticed that the AK version doesn't follow the lines of the receiver, and visually that is a deal breaker for me, but in your pics the stock seems to flow perfectly with the slant of the receiver. Looks really slick thus far - keep us posted!

This could make for some really interesting looking S12's in combination with the MP5 style hand guards that Red Jacket has retrofitted in the past, in addition to HK sights. Slick!

Can you post a picture from above? I am curious how much clearance there is on the sides of the receiver.

Sure, I'll try to get some soon and post em', I'm not gonna lie, the clearance for the safety selector is tight, but some mild filing should take care of it IF ANYTHING AT ALL. It won't be a problem for me because I intend on using the R&R Targets AR style safety, but I'll post it anyway.

As far as the adapter I'm using, its the regular bolt in from mississippi auto arms, but I'll be swapping it out for the SGM Tactical rear trunnion mount.

All right, one more question then I'm going to sit back and watch. I see, when collapsed, the mount for scopes and such is all right with this stock. But what about if you have a mount on it? Will it still clear?

This is a question I may not be able to answer, I am in the process or removing the side mount, but it does look like an optic mount would interfere, it's not tight when there is nothing there, but if you had a side mounted optic it looks like its tight enough to interfere. As soon as I finish it, I'll post pics from all angles so you can see what I'm talking about.

This is the NCCRS installed with the SGM Tactical trunnion mount, i think it came out pretty good, sorry fore the amature workmanship, there are more pics on one of the other threads, feel free to ask me questions if you'd like.... I have been thinking about ordering that R&R targets AR safety, but I might just make one, we'll see...

dscn0820y.jpg

By mikeg253 at 2012-09-16

Edited by RGVBadBoy
  • Like 1

This is the NCCRS installed with the SGM Tactical trunnion mount, i think it came out pretty good, sorry fore the amature workmanship, there are more pics on one of the other threads, feel free to ask me questions if you'd like.... I have been thinking about ordering that R&R targets AR safety, but I might just make one, we'll see...

dscn0820y.jpg

By mikeg253 at 2012-09-16

LOL! I've seen "pros" do much worse. Looks fine.