AK-47 Bumpinator Bump Fire Stock. Home Made - DIY

In, before a bunch of pussies come along and tell you it's not legal cause you don't have a letter from the ATF. ( I don't really expect that on this forum, but on another i frequent somebody made one similar for their AR and got chastised saying the slide fire was only legal cause the letter from the alphabet boys).

• Like 2

Looks good and works just like the big money version. Way to innovate, adapt and overcome! A forward grip might be helpful with the heat...

nyclu3

We realized very quickly that the next test run will have to utilize a forward grip :D Will also test that thing on a Saiga 12! I can bump fire my saiga with certain mags. It would be much funner with this thing.

• Like 2

I often wondered if the retail versions really needed the dedicated left or right side finger stop. Always looked like they would get in the way. While I applaud you saving hundreds on a commercial stock, I don't know if the whole bumpfire/slidefire thing is for me. Of course, I say that having never tried them. I've shot NFA firearms before, but not those.

• Like 1

Wow. I was messing around with my cousin and came to an identical design. We ended up starting another method, and were scared off from completion by some people as described in #2, one of whom had built some and had been warnded off by the ATF.

I hope this works out for you well, and that this becomes so common that the ATF has to take a clear public stand rather than jerking around one person at a time.

• Like 1

right, this open'd up a door of ideas. looked on youtube n google search. dont think its been done on a sks before, yet they have this stock for it. just sayin cause my friend has one and is deadset on keepin it. he wants to make it better and after watching the video i gave him this idea.

Edited by skullface405420
  • Like 1

I've seen the same homemade deal on AR's. I like it.

BUT the race is on...to see who will make this for an sks. muhahahahahahaha

I've got an SKS in my other room. Was at cabelas this morning and would have bought a T6 stock for it but they only had black! Hope to order an OD green tapco T6 for my sks and build up a bumpinator SKS. Should be easy enough.

right, this open'd up a door of ideas. looked on youtube n google search. dont think its been done on a sks before, yet they have this stock for it. just sayin cause my friend has one and is deadset on keepin it. he wants to make it better and after watching the video i gave him this idea.

Stay tuned and we will get a video out with clear and explicit instructions. Our version is deceptively simple. SKS Bumpinator is a plan!

Have you tried it on a 12 yet?

Not yet. I've bump fired my saiga 12 from the hip plenty of times. But not bumpinated it yet. Will do. Just need time! Unfortunately I can't get out shooting every weekend! :)

Edited by mattv2099

id like to see the finished product if anyone gets a bumpinator going for an sks with this stock set, my friend over here is itchin to get his hands on one of those stock sets for his yugo m59/66 sks.

let us know!

I ordered the SKS T6 stock today. Hopefully will get out this upcoming weekend and bumpinate it. Plan on having the video up Sunday night or Monday mornin! :D

I applaud you guys for going public with it like you did instead of trying to rape the American public like Slidefire is doing with those WAY overpriced stocks they have been selling the crap out of. Ever since this idea first came to light years ago, I've been collecting T-6 stocks to use this way. All I've been waiting on is clarification from the powers that be so I didn't step out of bounds or pass below the yellow line. ;)

My Yugo SKS has also had the T-6 "Intrafuse" stock set on it for a few years now sitting in the safe. Maybe this week I'll take it out and tweak it a little.

Good job fellas. 032.gif

• Like 4

Stock is 97.9% finished. I couldn't get it to bump fire, however. I think the slide on the stock has too much resistance at the moment. I am going to work on sanding down high spots. It is quite a bit stiffer than my ar15's stock on the metal buffer tube. My sks feels like its a bit heavier overall as well, which doesn't help.

Anyway, here is a video, showing the basic operation of the stock. I haven't figured out the particulars on how to keep the stock locked in the free to move position. Right now, I have a small piece of metal I wedge under the adjustment lever that keeps it from locking into the six positions.

http://youtu.be/86X_nA509Go

Edited by BB1980
  • Like 1

If you want to keep it super simple, adjust the depth of the original locking post on the stock so that it stays in the track, but not all the way into the 6 holes. Say, cross drill though the squeeze lever for a pin. The pin will hold it at the desired depth and when you pull the pin, the locking post will work as original.

I think slidefire patented the twist lock equivalent idea, so that's out.

• Like 1

If you want to keep it super simple, adjust the depth of the original locking post on the stock so that it stays in the track, but not all the way into the 6 holes. Say, cross drill though the squeeze lever for a pin. The pin will hold it at the desired depth and when you pull the pin, the locking post will work as original.

I think slidefire patented the twist lock equivalent idea, so that's out.

If you trimmed the locking lever at the top, you could twist it 90*. I thing I am going to make a latch that pops between the locking lever and stock automatically via a spring when you push the locking lever. Then, a small tab on that latch would allow you to push it forward from between the stock and lever, allowing the stock to lock again.

post-35779-0-13500300-1347680894.jpg

Mine uses the second from the back hole in the fixed position. I have a screw in the back hole that allows the locking pin to slide over that hole without locking in. I also have a screw that sticks up in between the second from the rear and third from the rear hole that keeps the stock from going too far forward and letting the pistol grip hit the trigger guard.

post-35779-0-86179400-1347680075_thumb.jpg

Edited by BB1980
  • Like 2

This IS the simplest solution biggrin.png Tomorrow I bump an SKS, AK and a 10/22.

I need to make some minor mods to my saiga 12 before we bumpinate it smile.png (different trigger guard with the lug for the grip chopped off and a different stock tube)

This one bumpinator will work on many guns. No mods made to the tube. Will post the concept and how to vids after we get a bumpinator vid out for each gun type biggrin.png

teaser photo:

FkcBC.jpg

Our bracket is made from one piece of metal. 1/2" square steel tube.

Edited by mattv2099