Help me select a Red Dot mount

Well I finally did my conversion and I will probably post pics soon. It is a yankee legal convesion that I did and the gun was painted in FDE. Well I got a Bushnell TRS-25 I would like to mount. Yeah I would like an Aimpoint but this will do for now. Being stupid an used to my old 410 I ordered a UTG mount, but then realized wait a sec, where is my scope mount? Can't believe I never noticed the differences.

I was thinking of the CSS mount that replaces the rear sight but I am wondering if special tooling is needed.

What do you guys recommend for a good mount for the Bushnell TRS-25.

I'm not sure if I trust the zero of something mounted on the dust cover and I don't feel like the hassle of installing a side mount.

2 of my top rail options for around $70 seem to be sold out. I would like something not too expensive but easy to install.

Thanks guys.

Edited by C-Par

the css rail should be your best bet. you can knock out the factory rear dovetail sight with a punch and hammer. its pretty easy to do. the rail will probably just slide in and use some set screws to tighten it up. if you are looking for something cheap and don't have a side rail its either the css mount or a billet top rail that fits on the gas tube but that will need to mounted about the same way. both of these are in stock now at css.

I'm almost ready to get the choas rail. Its almost 50%off. I also have the options of later updating the sights to the HK style and possibly co-witnessing.

I don't need all the rails but I can just put Flat Dark Earth covers on them and it would go good with my duracoated S12.

Can't use those. I don't have the side scope mount rail.

All right, you can work without that.. Ultimak. They are much lighter than Chaos rails and cheaper. But there's a lot of heat so get a good red dot or plenty of them.

All right, you can work without that.. Ultimak. They are much lighter than Chaos rails and cheaper. But there's a lot of heat so get a good red dot or plenty of them.

The chaos extended kit is now the same price as the ultimak and has more flexibility.

A little more than I need but more flexibility for future projects.

The chaos extended kit is now the same price as the ultimak and has more flexibility.

A little more than I need but more flexibility for future projects.

Sorry. For some reason I had the extended quad rail stuck in my head. That's $220. Good luck and I can't wait to see what the finished project will look like,

Well I finally did my conversion and I will probably post pics soon. It is a yankee legal convesion that I did and the gun was painted in FDE. Well I got a Bushnell TRS-25 I would like to mount. Yeah I would like an Aimpoint but this will do for now. Being stupid an used to my old 410 I ordered a UTG mount, but then realized wait a sec, where is my scope mount? Can't believe I never noticed the differences.

I was thinking of the CSS mount that replaces the rear sight but I am wondering if special tooling is needed.

I'm not sure if I trust the zero of something mounted on the dust cover and I don't feel like the hassle of installing a side mount.

2 of my top rail options for around $70 seem to be sold out. I would like something not too expensive but easy to install.

Thanks guys.

Why would you want an Aimpoint. The TRS-25 is perfect for the Saiga. Its not precision shooting afterall.

Thanks guys.

Installing a side mount is a hassle? It slides on and clasps tight. Takes like 20 seconds