Forearm nut expanded and broke

So I was doing an little endurance test on the Akdal 1919...I was around 100 rounds in 10-15 mins, getting the thing nice and hot...when the front nut that holds the forearm blew off.

It appears that it took on alot of heat (its aluminum) while the operating rod is steel, so the nut took too much heat and shot off, damaging the threads

Anyone know what thread pitch this is? How can I call RAAC to try to get a replacement? any ideas?

Edited by TZL
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I striped out my Forearm nut,contacted them in about two weeks recieved a new one. Took a little perserverance but I got it!!!!

Try calling Jim at Firebird and see if he has any ideas

I am surprised of the few ppl I know here and one friend that had a prob with their MKA they were all handled fast.

With how much the 1919 borrows from other existing shotgun designs, what are the odds that the cap is the same thread pitch as another shotgun? Reason I mention this, is you can buy steel replacement caps for most common production shotguns, so if its compatible it could be a good upgrade.

• Like 1

Now that's CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! Jump on his offer TZL. Jim is top notch!!!

Still waiting to hear back from RAAC, their customer service sucks, this might be the biggest POS gun I've bought

I have bunches of those from guns we build

give me your address and I will send you one

Jim

• Like 1