WTB: 12 Gauge Slug Mold

Search for skiesunlimited on ebay and you will find he makes a great multi cavity mold for a good price that makes .680-.690 round ball slugs that will punch clean through a car door like its butter. The mold has to get really hot to get close to 100% fill but for just a basic round ball mold I love it.

I've got a .690 round ball mould and a #00 buck mold from him. He can make just about any size you ask for.

Edited by ravenelitex

Search for skiesunlimited on ebay....

I scoped this guy out, nice stuff. Has a mold that does 00 and #4 both in one mold.

This stuff is getting interesting, Oh great, just what I need another "hobby"...hey, I'm saving money, I'm saving money, I'm saving money......

Edited by Squishy

i looked on ebay and did not see a multicavity round ball mold in.690 is that a specal order thing. i have a buckshot mold from sharpshooter. it works good the only complaint is cutting all the sprews it takes too long.

i looked on ebay and did not see a multicavity round ball mold in.690 is that a specal order thing. i have a buckshot mold from sharpshooter. it works good the only complaint is cutting all the sprews it takes too long.

I'm pretty sure the seller mentioned above has the .690 molds he just doesn't have a listing for them;

"Other sizes usually available #T .20, #F .22, #4 .240, #2 .270, #1 .300, #0 .310, #0 .320, #00 .330, .35 ball, #000 .360, #0000 .380, .690 ball. Email for availability.
"

I sent him a message asking about this, I'll report back here.

Ok, first message the guy said he doesn't have any .690 molds so I asked when he thought he might have some and he said;

"
I will try to get a few done next weekend.

Thanks

Rick"

So, he may be having some soon. I guess since it appears I'm getting in the slug casting game I'll get one when they become available.

Edited by Squishy

Ok, first message the guy said he doesn't have any .690 molds so I asked when he thought he might have some and he said;

"
I will try to get a few done next weekend.

Thanks

Rick"

So, he may be having some soon. I guess since it appears I'm getting in the slug casting game I'll get one when they become available.

I would be interested in one as well. let me know when to order .

It is a PITA, but try buying buck.

I am sure you have checked prices.

On cutting the buck loose,

if you get the mold HOT and the lead hotter, the sprue will fall off most when you knock them out.

It is a PITA, but try buying buck.

I am sure you have checked prices.

On cutting the buck loose,

if you get the mold HOT and the lead hotter, the sprue will fall off most when you knock them out.

I noticed when everything got hot a lot come apart on there own. I have made around 200 rounds so far and more to make.