Sling adapter plate - saiga compatible

Hey guys,

I want to get a sling adapter plate for my modified saiga 7.62 to run a single point sling. Anyone know of one that fits on well? I'm running a tapco saw grip with the g-2 trigger build and want it to fit nicely. I see this on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Ambidextrous-AK-Sling-Adapter-Plate/dp/B006YH7LK0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1346820135&sr=8-3&keywords=ak+47+slings.

Let me know if anyone knows of one that works and fits well. thanks.

I'm with W8lifter, the Echo 93 products are your best bet. I use the V3 and have been extremely happy with the fit, finish and functionality. For just a little bit more money you get a much better product.

post-25968-0-83958400-1347033747_thumb.jpg

Edited by IrishD

Thanks guys, I actually ordered the V-1 today. You're right about them being good products compared to the Chinese shit on Amazon.

One other question would be about a single point sling for it. I want a recreational one thats well built but reasonable in price. Any ideas? IrishD, what do you have in your pic? The echo 9-3 ones are OOS but seem like more than I want to spend anyway. Thanks for anymore advice.

I pick up items from E93 when they have a blem sale. Their quality control is at such a high standard it makes the blems a super deal and you have to look hard to find what they consider a blemish. I picked up some V2's for $10 each and once mounted you could not tell the difference from a full price model. Just have to check the website for the next blem sale.

Did I get an oddball or what??? My T-6 conversion and stock set from CSS came with a sling mount that fastens into the front mounting section on the stock that works for either a single or double point sling.

Saiga005.jpg

No, mine is the same. I just thought that it seemed a little weak to handle a single point. But....my Echo 9-3 V-1 i got today won't fit the tapco trigger guard I have. I have the model with the pistol grip screw holder all in one piece. So....I don't really know what to do other than use the set-up you have.

I use the setup that came with the tapco stocks and have found them to be very durable...tho I've never used an echo so I have no basis for comparison.

I run single and double point slings. Drop tests have shown then to quite sturdy.

I use the setup that came with the tapco stocks and have found them to be very durable...tho I've never used an echo so I have no basis for comparison.

I run single and double point slings. Drop tests have shown then to quite sturdy.

Thanks hoop, good to know. Now if echo will do a return.....

Echo actually is sending me the v6 that works with my tapco trigger frame. He was very informative and helpful in fixing the issue I had. Not to say that tapco's sling adapter doesn't or won't work, I just like the echo 9-3 setup better. And, with it already being ordered and exchanged I'll give it a go.

However, I still would appreciate feedback on a reasonable single point sling. I'm dizzy about all the brands and variations and have zero experience with any of them. Thanks all.

Echo actually is sending me the v6 that works with my tapco trigger frame. He was very informative and helpful in fixing the issue I had. Not to say that tapco's sling adapter doesn't or won't work, I just like the echo 9-3 setup better. And, with it already being ordered and exchanged I'll give it a go.

However, I still would appreciate feedback on a reasonable single point sling. I'm dizzy about all the brands and variations and have zero experience with any of them. Thanks all.

I have this guy. Does the trick:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XRWBSPSBLK&name=Nylon+Single+Point+Sling+Black&groupid=301&search=single+point