Bolt lock

What Shandlanos said. The BHO lever stays in the same place it was since it pivots off the hammer and isn't connected to the import trigger assembly. That puts it at the rear of the trigger guard rather than the front after you move the trigger forward. That doesn't bother some people but it rubs the trigger finger of others. I'm in the latter camp so I end up either leaving it out or grinding the tab so it doesn't stick out so far, depending on the conversion.

Edited by TacticoolTim

I see the bolt hold open lever as an important part of the group. It allows me the ability to lock open the receiver for mag/drum insertion and visually checking the chamber without fiddling around trying to hold the bolt back. The easy way to retain the BHO lever is just to trim it a bit so it doesn't rub the finger. After locking the bolt open, I marked the lever with a pencil about a 1/16" below the edge of the receiver, that's so the lever doesn't go all the way up into the receiver and get stuck inside because you trimmed too much. I cut a little long just to be safe (with a dremel and cutoff wheel), then rounded the edges and corners so no sharp points were felt. If you need to cut more, you can. When you retract the bolt with your right hand, the middle or ring finger will naturally go to where the lever is and just press up. It takes a little getting used to the feel, but I wouldn't be without the feature. I just like the extra help it offers and a quick turn to the side and you are looking in the receiver. Not saying you have to keep it, but my $.02 as to why I did. It's kind of neat. If you do keep it, a little cold blue will cover the cutting. Your call. The rig can be however you want it, that's what is fun about doing it yourself.

The Bolt Hold Open is a great feature to have, why remove it. A lot of ranges want the Bolt open for inspection once the line is called cold, plus its a lot easier to load with the Bolt open. I had the same problem with my BHO jamming my carrier when I did my conversion, but I fixed the problem. The problem why the BHO jams the carrier is because of the play between the Hammer and the BHO, all you have to do is find a Washer that takes up the side to side play between the BHO, and the Hammer, one side of the Washer might have to be grinded flat to sit on the bottom of the receiver but it works. Pic attached of my modified BHO Lever for my Saiga Bullpup Rifle, I am thinking up of something for my S12.

post-22569-0-44562900-1347113150_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I had the same problem with my BHO jamming my carrier when I did my conversion, but I fixed the problem. The problem why the BHO jams the carrier is because of the play between the Hammer and the BHO, all you have to do is find a Washer that takes up the side to side play between the BHO, and the Hammer, one side of the Washer might have to be grinded flat to sit on the bottom of the receiver but it works.

The way I take care of the excessive side play when installing G2 hammers is to only grind enough off the hammer for the BHO lever to fit. That way you don't need the washer.

• Like 1

I had the same problem with my BHO jamming my carrier when I did my conversion, but I fixed the problem. The problem why the BHO jams the carrier is because of the play between the Hammer and the BHO, all you have to do is find a Washer that takes up the side to side play between the BHO, and the Hammer, one side of the Washer might have to be grinded flat to sit on the bottom of the receiver but it works.

The way I take care of the excessive side play when installing G2 hammers is to only grind enough off the hammer for the BHO lever to fit. That way you don't need the washer.

My hammer had mucho play in it, it was a modified Hammer. Bought brand new in package, so I had to use a washer.

My hammer had mucho play in it, it was a modified Hammer. Bought brand new in package, so I had to use a washer.

Gotcha, no problem with using a washer anyway. I do prefer modding my own triggers/hammers though rather than relying on someone else to get it right. That way you can custom fit it to the weapon regardless of the route you go on the BHO.

You can shorten the BHO tab by at least a quarter inch and still have it usable. I love having a BHO, but get finger rub if I don't trim the sucker. Not a problem for the lefties though.

You can shorten the BHO tab by at least a quarter inch and still have it usable. I love having a BHO, but get finger rub if I don't trim the sucker. Not a problem for the lefties though.

Amazing! I was just going out to the garage to do exactly that. It also works better for me if I slant it a bit, making the front shorter.

Gotcha, no problem with using a washer anyway. I do prefer modding my own triggers/hammers though rather than relying on someone else to get it right. That way you can custom fit it to the weapon regardless of the route you go on the BHO.

You are correct. That was my first conversion, and wanted everything to go easy as possible.