Any issues if I were to purchase one with a 1000 metre range finder for my 7.62 x 39? Which POS would work on my rifle? I noticed Kalinka has a handful of these but their 1.5-4.5x16 Or 2.5x18 I'm assuming none of the POS type ones are suited for the 7.62x 39? Just the posp 4x24 with a 400 metre range finder is good? Thanks.

You'll need the AK mount version of any POSP that you buy (locking lever on the bottom). There is nothing wrong with using the 1000m Dragunov version but the chevrons are calibrated for 54R and not x39. Not a big deal if you know your hold hold overs or use a 300m zero.

The main thing is the mount has to be correct or it either won't fit or will end up putting the scope too far back to use comfortably.

You want the AK mount shown on the bottom of these three

4x24ComparisonLeft.JPG

Edited by TX-Zen

As above, it will work, but the rangefinder is calibrated for 54r so it will be off a bit. You can still zero the scope and all that, but the extra marks that let you quickly compensate for bullet drop will be compensating for the ballistics of 54r instead of 7.62x39.

Not exactly a problem, and I enjoy using my 4x24 1000m on all ak-type rifles at 50-100 yard range.