I want to attach a muzzle brake.

THREAD ALIGNMENT TOOL 14X1LH FOR 7.62X39

THREADING DIE STOCK HANDLE

THREADING DIE-14X1LH AK47, SAIGA 7.62

I need to borrow or at least rent these items from another member. I only have one rifle to do and I don't want to spend $80 to thread the muzzle.

Send me a PM with your information, and I will send them to you.

• Like 1

My 7.62 had factory threads under the shroud, so all I had to do was cut the shroud back, but I just chased the threads with the die and there is plenty of room still left between the front post and the end of the threads. You can leave the FSB intact, but you will still need to cut off the first 5/8" of the FSB shroud.

Limey,

Per your stock thread, if your Saiga is a 2009 model, look very closely at the muzzle between the FSB and the barrel. It may be factory threaded under the shroud just as Lidocaine said. Take a flashlight and look to see if you can see the start of the thread spiral. Better yet, if you are planning on threading it anyway, go ahead and cut off the first 5/8" of the barrel shroud and check. You may find a nice surprise waiting for you, if not you have already got the first part of the barrel threading completed for when you parts arrive.

5/8" is ~16mm. And good luck with the pipe cutter. I ruined two wheels trying to cut through. Finally resorted to a hack saw and took it slow around the shroud.

The Russian steel is superior. super_man.gif

I just kept cranking on my (already dull) tubing cutter until I got through....only to be disappointed with a smooth muzzle.eyes_droped.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Guys, paying that kind of money is fucking insane. I cant mention the sites in my post but I got my threading equipment for half the price. I can tell anyone who wants to know if you PM me.

I am not about bashing on forum supporters. CSS has treated me very well in every purchase Ive made from them, but the mark up on the dies and handles is fucking unbelievable.

Edited by Boomsick42

Guys, paying that kind of money is fucking insane. I cant mention the sites in my post but I got my threading equipment for half the price. I can tell anyone who wants to know if you PM me.

I am not about bashing on forum supporters. CSS has treated me very well in every purchase Ive made from them, but the mark up on the dies and handles is fucking unbelievable.

There are two people local to me that will thread my barrel for $20. First guy is the shop I bought my Saiga from who also did the conversion for me. Second guy is a class 7 FFL and builds a lot of guns.

If I were to thread mine, I think I'll spend $20 and let a guy who knows what he's doing do it rather than spending $80 and risk f'ing it up.

• Like 1

There are two people local to me that will thread my barrel for $20. First guy is the shop I bought my Saiga from who also did the conversion for me. Second guy is a class 7 FFL and builds a lot of guns.

If I were to thread mine, I think I'll spend $20 and let a guy who knows what he's doing do it rather than spending $80 and risk f'ing it up.

Thats a great deal. I never had that option, but I like cutting up my saiga. I love her more that wayred_heart.gif
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm in the process of ordering the parts from Carolina. I currently have a stock front end Saiga 7.62 x 39 are the below parts all I need? Thanks.

Qty SKU Description Price Total

Remove AK47-BIRDCAGE AK47 14X1 BIRD CAGE FLASH HIDER -RED JACKET FIREARMS

$9.95 $9.95

Remove 7.62-CRUSHWASHER M14x1 TPI CRUSH WASHER

$3.95 $3.95

Remove TAT-7.62 THREAD ALIGNMENT TOOL 14X1LH FOR 7.62X39

$14.95 $14.95

Remove DIE-HANDLE THREADING DIE STOCK HANDLE FOR 1 1/2" DIE

$19.95 $19.95

Remove DIE-14X1 THREADING DIE-14X1LH AK47, SAIGA 7.62, 5.45, 223

$39.95 $39.95

Sub-Total

Why don't you order their threading kit from CNC Warrior for $55.84 and save a few bucks? It has what you need. IM me for the link if you can't find it.

I'm in the process of ordering the parts from Carolina. I currently have a stock front end Saiga 7.62 x 39 are the below parts all I need? Thanks.

Qty SKU Description Price Total

Remove AK47-BIRDCAGE AK47 14X1 BIRD CAGE FLASH HIDER -RED JACKET FIREARMS

$9.95 $9.95

Remove 7.62-CRUSHWASHER M14x1 TPI CRUSH WASHER

$3.95 $3.95

Remove TAT-7.62 THREAD ALIGNMENT TOOL 14X1LH FOR 7.62X39

$14.95 $14.95

Remove DIE-HANDLE THREADING DIE STOCK HANDLE FOR 1 1/2" DIE

$19.95 $19.95

Remove DIE-14X1 THREADING DIE-14X1LH AK47, SAIGA 7.62, 5.45, 223

$39.95 $39.95

Sub-Total

Why don't you order their threading kit from CNC Warrior for $55.84 and save a few bucks? It has what you need. IM me for the link if you can't find it.

I say, order all of those things from CNC warrior except the die. I know a place where you can get a 14-1lh die for 15dollars cheaper yet, its the one I used and it worked great. PM me, Ill send a link.

Thats how I bought mine, everything from cncwarrior except the die.

Edited by Boomsick42

5/8" is ~16mm. And good luck with the pipe cutter. I ruined two wheels trying to cut through. Finally resorted to a hack saw and took it slow around the shroud.

I just buy the steel wheels off the internet. I have cut maybe 4 or 5 dozen barrels with the same wheel. The wheels at Home Depot/Lowes are for copper.

When it breaks through, the piece your cutting "pops" (you can hear it over the stereo)...doesnt even touch the barrel.

I am on my 3rd die but still using the original steel wheel on the pipe cutter :)

Have two more 7.62X39's to convert today.