Load one shoot one-Vepr fix

Just received my Vepr this week and its looking like a massive step up from my Saiga can't wait to use it at a comp smile.png

Just a small note after modding a surefire 12 to fit in the magwell i found out the feed angle combined with the bolt hold open would make it a huge pita to work reliably.

However the surefire follower sits low enough to make loading directly through the ejection port a breeze.

Ive cut mine down at the first "rib" and trimmed the spring (you could permanently fix it i'd guess) Ive then fixed a small plastic tab to the top of the follower with 2 part epoxy to get the bolt hold open to activate.

I'll let you know how it works tomorrow,with any luck this should sort out those damn tubegun using course designers who keep deliberately putting the load one shoot stage in.

Quick testing without firing lets me slide a shell directly in with my trigger hand and then hit the bolt release with the rear of my index finger as i come back on to the trigger.This lets me keep roughly on target with my off hand and you can look down the side of the gun to make the shell insertion way easier than the usual blind feed through the bottom of the mag port.

There's probably a way better(more technical) way of doing it but hey its at least put my semi destroyed surefire back to work smile.png

Too much slop at the rear of the follower removed the plastic chunk and used a expansion slot blank from the back of a pc folded over at the top and screwed into the rear of the follower body.Packs out the follower nicely and locates onto the bho perfectly (after much fiddling) Reliably hand cycles ejects etc.

Can't use the bolt drop button due to tension (thought about trimming the follower spring but i want the follower final position more) but as I'm using my trigger hand its fine dropping the bolt manually.

I will try and post a few piccies after some proper range use tomorrow (if anyones interested).

Right all i need now is 2 more mags 3 kydex holders,a flaired mag opening,molot brake and oh a competent gunsmith to shorten the barrel and re-choke and screw cut it........lol

Oh and the Molot 8 rounders make the original Saiga mags look flimsy they are incredible i reckon you could run 'em over with a car and barely scratch 'em.