What's wrong with the ones that are here? If you're looking for a nice x39, Classic has a special shooters package right now for the 16" with a carry bag, 4-30 round mags, shooting glasses, earplugs, recoil buffer and black nylon sling for $600

• Like 1

recoil buffer.....really? so allowing $400 for the rifle, that's $200 for 4 mags and a bunch of other stuff I don't need or already have.

I'm looking for a 223 for about or less than 400 before shipping

Edited by jbanzai
  • Like 2

I saw plenty of Saigas today at the Gun Show in Mobile, AL.

Saiga rifles in 7.62x39 & 5.45x39 were averaging $400+, .308s were $500+, S12s were $650+

Saw a lot of .410s, but paid them no attention, didn't see any 20s.

I found a good stash of brand new ones at a local pawn shop that deals only in guns. They are around $400 unconverted; $650+ Converted, but no fun in getting a converted one. I should add that I'm talking about rifles, unknown as to shotguns.

Edited by AK Okie
  • 2 weeks later...

That's $600 for an already converted one, even if you find one for $400 you'll have that much or more in it by the time you get it done, unless you intended on keeping it as it was...

This is true, but, I have an intimate relationship with my rifle because I did it myself, and I learned a lot, which is worth much more than the 200 extra bucks. Plus, I know my work was good; don't know who the hell did the mod on the mod'ed ones.
  • Like 1

local 5..45, 5.56 and 7.62 @ 425

driving around here would cost about as much as saving a few bucks to go down to missoula.

damn demand gets greater.

election year boys, enjoy what you have and get the goods after november when the scare tactics end.

AK prices around here suck. I can't think of the last time I saw a shop selling for under $500 local to me

syndicate, just hold out 'till december and the price will get leveled again. watched it happen in 08. ak was going for 1K thanks to the big looser O. O doesn't stand a chance and people are taking advantage of the election year by pumping up prices. The real dicks are unloading their supplies early November for the panic buyers. Romney will win, Israel will go to war and the economy will rapidly recover. Radicals will go back to hiding in caves in fear of the CIA. Bunnies will multiply and flowers will grow in the deserts. Peace on earth via superior firepower and leadership.... you know...

• Like 3

syndicate, just hold out 'till december and the price will get leveled again. watched it happen in 08. ak was going for 1K thanks to the big looser O. O doesn't stand a chance and people are taking advantage of the election year by pumping up prices. The real dicks are unloading their supplies early November for the panic buyers. Romney will win, Israel will go to war and the economy will rapidly recover. Radicals will go back to hiding in caves in fear of the CIA. Bunnies will multiply and flowers will grow in the deserts. Peace on earth via superior firepower and leadership.... you know...

lol

well I have an M92 to play with for a decent price between now and then so I'm gonna be happy, and a Vepr.

I've been without an AK for to long. I've just got gun fever right now also

Here's what Atlantic had to say over at AKfiles....

Makes sense, I forgot about the downsizing.

The IZ 132 will not be $300 bucks anytime soon you can expect prices to go higher not lower . You are not going to see shelves overflowing with Saiga rifles the IZMASH plant has been downsized since the reorganization and their production capacity is down not up. Lower supply with higher demand during a election year typically leads to higher prices , there is also only 1 importer now so the competition on a wholesale level is non existent and they have raised the prices to dealers not lowered them.

Here's what Atlantic had to say over at AKfiles....

Makes sense, I forgot about the downsizing.

The IZ 132 will not be $300 bucks anytime soon you can expect prices to go higher not lower . You are not going to see shelves overflowing with Saiga rifles the IZMASH plant has been downsized since the reorganization and their production capacity is down not up. Lower supply with higher demand during a election year typically leads to higher prices , there is also only 1 importer now so the competition on a wholesale level is non existent and they have raised the prices to dealers not lowered them.

SUX!

We are not posting anything about the Saiga line to jack up the price or cause a panic what is posted is the truth we are sold out of most Saiga items and having a hard time getting more . The availibilty of the SAiga line has been bad for the last 8 months we can only get approx 20 % of what we have on order and the product lines are very limitied in selection .We just spoke with one of our connections yesterday and they think we will see some of the IZ 340 & 332 rifle by the end of the year .

If US sales are supporting the factory, why only have one importer that imports less product?

Selling less at a higher price likely won't make them any more money. Paying over $400 for a completely stock saiga just seems a bit much. After all, they mostly get cut apart and rebuilt.

Of course... The prices on everything are rising to rediculous highs. But you can still find AR lowers for under $80.

• Like 1

I refuse to buy any Saiga rifles until they are back to around $350-375 out the door. it just doesn't make sense to pay over that to me. by the time i convert it to my liking i will have at least $700 in a Saiga if i buy it at $400. these days you can find many different ARs for $550-$650. i finally got tired of waiting for a .223 Saiga, turned to the dark side, and just bought a Smith and Wesson M&P AR-15. it was $680 out the door. its a great rifle but it just doesn't mean as much to me as my Siaga's. Despite all the panic buying the american made stuff is as cheap as it has been for several years. i do really hope they import a big boat load of Saigas again around the end of the year like they did last year. that drove the prices down to around $300 for the rifles and $500 for the shotguns for about a month or so. that would be awesome if that happens again.

• Like 1

If US sales are supporting the factory, why only have one importer that imports less product?

Selling less at a higher price likely won't make them any more money. Paying over $400 for a completely stock saiga just seems a bit much. After all, they mostly get cut apart and rebuilt.

Of course... The prices on everything are rising to rediculous highs. But you can still find AR lowers for under $80.

Greed, mainly. There will be a backlash, I assure you. AR huh? Man, a JP in 6.5 Grendel would be totally awesome!

Greed, mainly. There will be a backlash, I assure you. AR huh? Man, a JP in 6.5 Grendel would be totally awesome!

waiting for WPA to bring the steel case ammo for the grendel and a 6.5 saiga or vepr Edited by ak karl
  • Like 1

I know greed is a factor. Some also say that the factory is charging more.

Thinking of dropping the cash for a nice Vepr now.

After reading the thread about the 12" 50 Beo AR, that'd be a real cool addition! But it'd involve me getting into reloading... My 9mm AR pistol is pretty fun though. :)

After reading the thread about the 12" 50 Beo AR, that'd be a real cool addition! But it'd involve me getting into reloading... My 9mm AR pistol is pretty fun though. smile.png

no affiliation here but centerfire systems is having a super deal on vepr's. just purchased a 20" 5.45....lowest price i have ever seen them.

• Like 2

After reading the thread about the 12" 50 Beo AR, that'd be a real cool addition! But it'd involve me getting into reloading... My 9mm AR pistol is pretty fun though. smile.png

no affiliation here but centerfire systems is having a super deal on vepr's. just purchased a 20" 5.45....lowest price i have ever seen them.

and the price was?

waiting for WPA to bring the steel case ammo for the grendel and a 6.5 saiga or vepr

Same here, but I don't plan on waiting forever for an AK styled 6.5. I also wonder if an AR would be a better choice for taking advantage of range and accuracy on the 6.5.

• Like 1

and the price was?

$499.99......here it is, multi calibers also.

Centerfire Systems Inc.

Edited by Wolverine

Dude, my lower cost $42. The rifle is STILL gonna be over $700. The lower is the cheapest part, but costs you the most because then you have to buy a full rifle tongue.png Granted, its a good rifle, CHF barrel, BCM CH, Rogers Stoc, some Magpul, etc.

The VEPRs are tempting....but now that I have a 6# AR....i pick it up, then pick up my Saiga M-Series (similar to VEPR) and I just want another lightweight rifle, not a brick. I'd only want the VEPR weight if I was building a DMR type rifle, but then I would want the .308 or 7.62x54. Both of which are more expensive.

Tho, someone looking to outfit a squad cheap could do worse than a 20" VEPR and 9 Mosins all in 7.62x54. Bring yer own recoil pad.

Edited by mostholycerebus

What's wrong with the ones that are here? If you're looking for a nice x39, Classic has a special shooters package right now for the 16" with a carry bag, 4-30 round mags, shooting glasses, earplugs, recoil buffer and black nylon sling for $600

I saw that and it is a heck of a deal!! if I wasn't Saiga poor, I'd pick one up!

I saw that and it is a heck of a deal!! if I wasn't Saiga poor, I'd pick one up!

I would pick one up......if I couldnt build a better one myself for a lower price.