best phone app for long distance ballistic calculator/ solution

The best free app I could find was strelok. rtballistics is hard to beat in the $10 catagory. You can range between selected points on a satelite map. And you can input a Kestrel to the program via bluetooth to aid in extrapolation

Edited by 1mile50

This was covered a bit ago... ( I know cause I brought it up! LOL :lol: ) and pretty much Strelok as mentioned gets the kudos for the free app. 7 rifles in its database, or 7 different loads... however you want to go about it... a shitload of optic reticles to choose from as well!! easy to use too!!

:smoke:

Strelock is free and simple and has pretty decent dope for your average shooter. It's free and gets updates from an active community.

I use good old dots and formulas on a grease pen. It's burned in. My rifle is pretty much instinctual at this point and the only thing I need to get right is the target speed, wind and distance.

An even better application out there that has much more data inputs and works well with your Anemometer is SHOOTER. I have taught many people how to use this system when they first get into long range hunting or shooting.

It gets updates all them time, their dope is spot on with mine. Many variables in there to dial in your dope.

It's better than the gay stuff you get with your scope. :)

And remember, you can buy it with ANDROID MARKET and delete it in 24 hours for a full refund if you don't like it. Buy it on a day that you have to screw around at the range.

Here is shooter set up on a Motorola Defy Plus waterproof smart phone and a Kestrel 4500 nv... Only thing gay about bluetooth is that it's unsecured and the operation of the phone in position would instantly get you killed. Even on airport mode with all radios turned off! But, It's a good learning tool for people who don't want to learn the math.

SAM_1411.jpg