new folding stock coming soon

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we will have models to fit ak/saiga vepr vepr 12 rpk psl   with more coming soon

we are getting ready to release a new rear half option for our folding stock hinges. Here are a couple pics of a prototype. There will be minor cosmetic improvements in the final batch. billet 6061

there is a qd sling attachment point on the hinge.

Sorry, no plans for a cut tang version. The reason we could keep our hinge so narrow, was by using extra length. A cut tang version couldn't be any shorter, so we see no reason to make one.

A cut tang version would be great for people like me that cut the tang (and now wish they hadn't) but I'm not sure how much of a market there would be.

Wouldn't a simple solution be to weld the tang back on?

I'm assuming the block attaches with two bolts -- one thru the tang and one under the recoil spring mount thingy. The stock may work w/o a tang using only the under recoil spring mounting bolt and drilling the bottom of reciever and tappinf the block for a mounting bolt (Button head cap screw for low profile) or maybe hiding it under the PG. Redoing the reciever block to utilize the pistol grip angled nut/fitting like on other internal blocks might be a good idea for added strength and would make it usable for us dunderheadsbig_smile.gif who cut our tangs w/o any mods to the block on endusers' part.

AKRBC.gif

Awesome piece of engineering. As a constructive/creative/useless suggestion --how 'bout a stamped steel triangle soviet style stock on there or maybe move the bend forward some for a more triangular appearance (WARSAW pact length might be the ticket).bad_smile.gif

And of course more pics please!!!!!!

Edit: just took closer look at pics. For a lower mounting point end users would need to pin or bolt in a block inside the block for a bottom bolt to secure to. Could also use an button head cap screw from each side at the bottom rear for a higher profile attachment if you have no tang. I'm pretty sure the folder can work w/o a tang if your handy with tools.

I think a left side folder with the stock raised slightly - centered on the hinge would be pretty cool.

Edited by avatar

Why would someone pick a right hand folder over a left hand folder. I have never had one but notice that most of the Russian factory folders are left hand.

I originally wanted a left folder but after reading up on it, I think I will go with a right folder now. I will never fire the gun with stock folded so having it fold to the left does not have any more advantages (to me).

With a right folder, it is much easier and quick to deploy, as seen in the VEPR video above.

Edited by KennyFSU

Why would someone pick a right hand folder over a left hand folder. I have never had one but notice that most of the Russian factory folders are left hand.

I originally wanted a left folder but after reading up on it, I think I will go with a right folder now. I will never fire the gun with stock folded so having it fold to the left does not have any more advantages (to me).

With a right folder, it is much easier and quick to deploy, as seen in the VEPR video above.

Video??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...