Ordered the POSP 4 x 24 on Sunday from Kalinka Optics

My father in law bought the same from Kalinka and received his in less than a week. Cannot wait to get mine, although it says it's on back order? Card has already been charged.

I contacted Kalinka via their website as I wanted my order reference number, so far no response in over two days. My fault for closing browser prior to writing down order confirmation, just shame they never emailed me a confirm as most places do.

I'm sorry to say I had a different experience a few weeks ago with Kalinka: They responded to every (5-6) online-inquiry that I sent them through their site, relatively quickly (within 24 hours).

I ordered the 6x24 POSP with the 400m Rangefinder. It's a sweet optic, with nice glass, and the illumination is nice. I hope you ordered batteries though. I was under the impression that they came with batteries - wrong. :(

Sorry to hear that. Kalinka is really hit or miss, luckily, I have hit each time. I had an issue with one of the scopes, not sure if it was the rail on my rifle or the scope itself, had to shim one of the legs. Long story short, they are still the best source out there for Russian optics.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys...first time newbie posting. I wanted to share a recent learning experience that I had with the value of the forum and the reputation of certain vendors out there in cyber-land. What I learned was the importance of utilizing the knowledge of members on this site BEFORE making any purchases from an online vendor. On the 13th, I placed an order with Kalinka Optics for a PK-A Red Dot to go with a couple of nice Veprs I have in my collection...the price seemed fair and they had exactly what I was looking for. After checking out on their website as a "Guest" I soon realized I had made a big mistake. Did a quick search of some previous threads here at Forum.Saiga-12.com and read post after post of bad experiences that various folks had...including some lucky souls who had a good experience with them. Trying to be fair and balanced, I decided to give them a few days (5 to be exact) to process the order and send some type of communication that all was well. What got me nervous was the fact that I didn't received a purchase confirmation after placing the order or any other indication, for that matter, that the transaction had gone through properly - a reply which is typically standard and customary. Instead, what I got was nothing...just a void in space where my money had seemingly turned to vapor. I sent a follow-up e-mail the next day (on the 14th) trying to get some info and again never got a response - of course, there is no phone number to call if you have trouble (big red flag). On the 15th, I checked my MasterCard account and saw the purchase posted ($242.02). Since they state on their website that it typically takes 2 business days for them to process an order, I used some patience hoping I would get a purchase confirmation sometime around the 15th or 16th. I then sent another e-mail on the 15th to their "Customer Service" address hoping I would hear something and, again, nothing. On the 18th I called Mastercard and their CSR tried calling the phone number they had on file and it was not in-service - ugh. The item mysteriously arrived today via USPS on the 20th with no receipt...checked it out and it seems to be as advertised. I'm calling MC to revoke the dispute, but what an unprofessional way to do business. On a side note, I got an e-mail from Midway USA shortly thereafter with a great deal on a C-More Red Dot that I couldn't pass up. Mind you, I placed this order on the 15th two days AFTER making the purchase with Kalinka (the 13th) and the Midway order arrived the 18th! Best part is that Midway had the item initially listed with "Free Shipping"....when I went to checkout, a $14 dollar shipping charge posted to the final amount. When I called Midway to ask why, the lady who helped me said that because it shipped with a battery, they had to ship it HazMat through UPS. However, she said that it was their oversight to post it that way and offered to pick up the shipping anyway to honor the price as advertised. Wow...how awesome is that? All I can say about Kalinka is buyer beware and check the threads posted here before giving someone your money. Thanks Forum.Saiga-12.com...you're my new best friend.

Edited by psidrop1

Hey guys...first time newbie posting. I wanted to share a recent learning experience that I had with the value of the forum and the reputation of certain vendors out there in cyber-land. What I learned was the importance of utilizing the knowledge of members on this site BEFORE making any purchases from an online vendor. On the 13th, I placed an order with Kalinka Optics for a PK-A Red Dot to go with a couple of nice Veprs I have in my collection...the price seemed fair and they had exactly what I was looking for. After checking out on their website as a "Guest" I soon realized I had made a big mistake. Did a quick search of some previous threads here at Forum.Saiga-12.com and read post after post of bad experiences that various folks had...including some lucky souls who had a good experience with them. Trying to be fair and balanced, I decided to give them a few days (5 to be exact) to process the order and send some type of communication that all was well. What got me nervous was the fact that I didn't received a purchase confirmation after placing the order or any other indication, for that matter, that the transaction had gone through properly - a reply which is typically standard and customary. Instead, what I got was nothing...just a void in space where my money had seemingly turned to vapor. I sent a follow-up e-mail the next day (on the 14th) trying to get some info and again never got a response - of course, there is no phone number to call if you have trouble (big red flag). On the 15th, I checked my MasterCard account and saw the purchase posted ($242.02). Since they state on their website that it typically takes 2 business days for them to process an order, I used some patience hoping I would get a purchase confirmation sometime around the 15th or 16th. I then sent another e-mail on the 15th to their "Customer Service" address hoping I would hear something and, again, nothing. On the 18th I called Mastercard and their CSR tried calling the phone number they had on file and it was not in-service - ugh. The item mysteriously arrived today via USPS on the 20th with no receipt...checked it out and it seems to be as advertised. I'm calling MC to revoke the dispute, but what an unprofessional way to do business. On a side note, I got an e-mail from Midway USA shortly thereafter with a great deal on a C-More Red Dot that I couldn't pass up. Mind you, I placed this order on the 15th two days AFTER making the purchase with Kalinka (the 13th) and the Midway order arrived the 18th! Best part is that Midway had the item initially listed with "Free Shipping"....when I went to checkout, a $14 dollar shipping charge posted to the final amount. When I called Midway to ask why, the lady who helped me said that because it shipped with a battery, they had to ship it HazMat through UPS. However, she said that it was their oversight to post it that way and offered to pick up the shipping anyway to honor the price as advertised. Wow...how awesome is that? All I can say about Kalinka is buyer beware and check the threads posted here before giving someone your money. Thanks Forum.Saiga-12.com...you're my new best friend.

rolleyes.gif

I'm wondering if it would've been as big a deal if you hadn't gotten online and read every negative thing anyone ever wrote about Kalinka after placing your order, and your PK-A showed up in 5 days. Yes, 5 days, because the 13th and 14th (sat. and sun.) don't count.

You ordered, and then researched. Then panties got bunched because you got worried you were getting screwed.

Then, 4 days after your order went in, you called to dispute the charges because you hadn't gotten a confirmation - even though you saw your card was charged. Two days after you tried to dispute your charges, your PK-A shows up. oops.gif

You got your optic within one week, and let me guess, it's pretty F'n nice isn't it? rolleyes.gif

Edited by MyGrassIsBlue05

Same here...just lack of communication was the biggest problem. I will research the forum first from here on before any future purchases from vendors I'm not familiar with...that was my mistake (I hear ya' MyGrassIsBlue05) and I readily own up to that.

The PK-A I received from Kalinka is a nice piece of kit, but the turret switch does have some sort of glitch on the lowest illumination setting (1). Sometimes the dot comes on, sometimes it doesn't. Other than that, it works fine on all of the other settings - nothing I can't live with, though.

Also, based on some g2g reviews posted here, I put in an order with a company called Eastwave for a Kobra Red Dot Collimator ($419.00 + $38.00 for insured shipping)...got a purchase confirmation right after placing the order and a tracking number the next day when it shipped. I also had a follow-up question on the shipping and their CSR named Marina replied the same day. Overall, pretty good so far.

Edited by psidrop1