MKA 1919 spring and detent for safety lever

Hell, can't be hard to find a replacement. Look at different AR detent springs. Go to your local hardware store and find one then cut it to length.

This should be a pretty easy fix...

AKATTACK

It's better to ask around first and see if anyone has any spares or knows where to get one rather than buying randomly and finding out it wont work

UPDATE:

RAAC (who by the way, has absolutely horrible business hours that are extremely inconvenient for graveyard shift gentlemen like myself) FINALLY got back to me on this issue

Apparently the Turks have replaced the screw/spring/detent setup for the safety lever altogether and now have a one single screw piece that acts as the detent for the safety lever. This is going to be in all current 1919s being produced.

Not that it matters, since its not like its a performance piece or something but itll help reduce chances of losing the spring or detent whenever you field strip. Just call them if you want the new detent screw and they'll mail it to you

Also, they are sending me a replacement magazine. My factory 5 round 2 3/4 inch mag's feed lip were bent INWARDS into the mag after about 20 shells. The feed lips bending downward caused shells to be nearly impossible to extract from the magazine without the aid of tools (or brute, stupid force as it was in my case)

pics of shenanigans:

shellcannotbeinsertedwithnormalforce.jpg

shellcannotbeinsertedatall.jpg

bentfeedlips.jpg

bentandscratchedlips.jpg

Edited by FoxHound

RAAC is awesome at one thing... replacing stuff for free smile.png

Yup, all free. Shipping and everything

They also suggested to dremel the defective mag lips until it works again and use it as a spare mag lol. Those guys at RAAC know whats up

Edited by FoxHound

Us three clowns seem to be on here the most,Lol. We need to all go shooting!

you know I only give you crap because I like you

I like you, Guy. I kill you last

*thumbs up*

by all means if you two loons are ever in my part of the woods, we (and our 1919s) can have a Mexican standoff with a few watermelons and water jugs

You can buy that detent (spring plunger) from Mcmaster carr on line

The thread is 10-32

Jim

PS when replacing the early style detent, the threads have a shoulder at the bottom that has to be drilled out for the new detent to be able to screw down all the way, you can also use a tap

Failure to do this results in stripping the thread or damaging the detent in an attempt to screw it down far enough

Edited by gentlemanjim
  • Like 1

You can buy that detent (spring plunger) from Mcmaster carr on line

The thread is 10-32

Jim

PS when replacing the early style detent, the threads have a shoulder at the bottom that has to be drilled out for the new detent to be able to screw down all the way, you can also use a tap

Failure to do this results in stripping the thread or damaging the detent in an attempt to screw it down far enough

Thanks for the post Jim! That's some informative stuff. I'm on the site right now mosying my way to find the right part. It's always a good idea to have spares laying around

(I just skimmed for a few minutes and I cant find a 10/32 with the correct head size or one with the little stub at the end... but I'll keep looking.)

RAAC didnt mention anything about drilling or tapping the threads in the lower receiver. They just said to oil the detent before screwing it in

Edited by FoxHound

Us three clowns seem to be on here the most,Lol. We need to all go shooting!

you know I only give you crap because I like you

I like you, Guy. I kill you last

*thumbs up*

by all means if you two loons are ever in my part of the woods, we (and our 1919s) can have a Mexican standoff with a few watermelons and water jugs

aren't you in California?

They finally sent me a replacement spring and its the original style... the screw, spring and detent 3 piece set

Which I was happy to have, it was easier to install than the current gen spring detent

My safety lever is kinda wonky, but thats expected considering what I did to it haha. Still works.

Finally put the 1919 together and I'm gonna buy some hunting loads in the morning and try to break 'er in

Unfortunately the guys at RAAC know me by name now :/

They did include an instruction sheet stating to use rounds at least 1300fps and in 3 and 1/4 (or was it 3 and 1/2? I cant remember, I lost the paper at the Alamo Drafthouse or World of Beer bar) to break in the gun. I thought the 1919 could only shoot 3inch or 2 3/4 shells but whatever. I'll call them in the morning to clarify