US Ambassador Raped Prior to Being Murdered

"I'm sure as shit not advocating sitting on our asses and doing nothing. Bombing the shit out of Egypt, a country that is was, in general, surprisingly friendly toward the US, is not a good idea."

Do you really believe that as it is now, controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood it is "surprisingly" friendly toward the U.S.?

Yes. Youth culture in Egypt has become largely Westernized, and there is still a substantial portion of the population that has a great deal of admiration for our country. Although Britain was by far the biggest player, the fact that we helped push the Nazis out of North Africa has not been forgotten. The biggest reason for Egyptians to dislike our country is our lovey-dovey relationship with Israel - and there, the authorities have been remarkably cooperative in trying to keep arms from being smuggled across the border, even shutting down tunnels when they are discovered. We've done little to directly piss them off - it would not surprise me if the instigators of these attacks, and many of the perpetrators, were foreigners.

"If we want to deal with these fuckers, without military intervention, we should investigate, find out who is responsible, and work with the Egyptian government (such as it currently is) to capture and prosecute the offenders..."

Do you really believe this has a chance of actually happening?

Perfectly? No. Quickly? No. Will it discourage these sorts of attacks? Perhaps. What I can promise is that a military campaign against Egypt would cement all but universal Muslim hatred of our country. This is not an ideal solution, but it's a hell of a lot less harmful, to America and to Egypt, than another foolish military campaign we can't afford.

When has any Islamist controlled government helped bring terrorists to justice? I'm not saying it's never happened but no such instance Comes to mind..

Saudi Arabia is the best example. A state that operates under classical Sharia law, prosecutes the hell out of terrorists.

Examples:

http://www.strategyp...s/20111002.aspx

http://www.thegatewa...o-saudi-arabia/

http://www.jihadwatc...error-plot.html

http://english.pravd...rorist_syria-0/

http://www.foxnews.c...,102720,00.html

Wow, the Onion makes a straight forward, powerful point.

Aye. Elicits a laugh while making a great point.

Edited by Shandlanos
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait guys..it's OK because it was our fault for having the 1st Ammendment of the Constitution. (Please read extreme sarcasm) I thought that I was disgusted with the Obama Administration before this, b

I'm not sure that past history and even traditionally what any given Arab state has done is as meaningful and relevant since the emergence of the "Arab Spring" phenomena. Much like the Communist and

I really loved watching the night time bombing in '02....   I miss W....

Posted Images

http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-murdered-because-of-this-image,29553/?fb_action_ids=4207027052610&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map={%224207027052610%22%3A409867055729429}&action_type_map={%224207027052610%22%3A%22og.likes%22}&action_ref_map=

^

We have been brainwashed into regarding Islam as a "Religion". In its current form as practiced by populist islamist movements, it is nothing more or less than a malignant, and totalitarian political movement which tolerates no rivals, and which has the singular goal of conquering and replacing all other political systems, along with the elimination of all who do not subscribe . In this respect it is nothing more than pure political fascism which masquerades before the western mind as "faith".

While the concept of "religion" may provide a sort of scaffolding without which the islamist totalitarian movement would collapse , continuing to confuse that movement with any concept of "religion" as we understand it, is a grave and fundamental mistake.

• Like 4

I'm not sure that past history and even traditionally what any given Arab state has done is as meaningful and relevant since the emergence of the "Arab Spring" phenomena. Much like the Communist and Fascist movements that transformed many European and Eastern European countries in the mid 20th century they come on strong and do not suffer opposition.

And yes, the youth of many countries are as Pro-Western as you could reasonably expect in those parts of the world, Iran is one example. But they cannot resist the iron fist with which the Mullahs and by extension the military rule.

And for much the same reason American youths are drawn to gangs, youths in many Islamic countries are drawn to the biggest gang of all, the Islamists or more specifically the Muslim Brotherhood, especially when these groups actually become the state.

As for the apparent Islamist-KKK comparison in my opinion one does not (≠) equal the other. In this country the KKK is a fringe group and I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of Americans do not agree with their philosophies. But I do believe that whether they demonstrate, destroy, commit acts of terrorism or not, the vast majority of those in the Muslim world do hold Anti-American views or at the very least, they tolerate them. One of the hardest things to swallow about 9/11 was the wide spread celebration of this dastardly terrorist act throughout the Muslim world.

So while citizens and governments may not hit the streets or officially sanction terrorist acts it's folly to believe they do not at the very least turn a blind eye to them.

Oh, and I read the articles at the links provided and my conclusion is that countries like Saudi Arabia fight and prosecute terrorists in their own countries more to preserve their own power and the order of their societies than some sort of philosophical opposition to the terrorist's cause. In simple terms it's like one gang defending their own turf from outsiders.

They're also defending their revenue streams. Active terrorism is not usually good for business.

Edited by Squishy
  • Like 6

the USMC were fighting the same "small group" in tripoli back in the Barbary pirates war...

the same small group seems to be running Iran & clamoring for the destruction of Israeli..

Still, I don't want to "kill them all".. they will kill each other off...

I say lets not shed another drop of OUR blood for them.. or another dollar..

bring our people home & let 'em rot...

Amen to that! Look at Iraq today. They are killing each other off without us being there.

• Like 4

To all of you ignorant scum-sucking shitheads that advocate mass murder of innocents as a response to a horrific tragedy committed by a tiny fraction of the population - you are engaging in precisely the same sort of mental dysfunction that leads to things like the World Trade Center attacks. If you advocate indiscriminate murder as the first, best response over and above identifying and destroying the evil individuals responsible for the crime - you are advocating terrorism and genocide.

When a group of rogue US soldiers massacres a group of civilians in a foreign country, does that mean the United States should be annihilated by a nuclear barrage? Fuck no, it doesn't. If you actually feel that a group of millions of people (including loads of foreign nationals, including your fellow American citizens living overseas) should be punished for the crimes of at best a few hundred, if you mean this truly, beyond simple venting, you are no patriot - you are a lazy coward.

The real cowards are the ones hiding in the population and using their people as a shield. Not me. I guess Im not a patriot, but a scum sucking shithead. Cool. One thing I will admit, I am an asshole. So its cool.

• Like 2

While it appears that the majority of respondents on this thread are suitably "up in arms" about the latest red herring out of the ME, your illustrious government has just unveiled its plan to add another 1.3 trillion dollars of debt to your burden by Dec-2013.

Did'nt get that memo? Unfortunate coincidence, perhaps.

Actually, I misspoke there, sorta. You see, it is the Federal Reserve Bank which unveiled its plan. Respondents do realize that there is nothing "Federal" about the Federal Reserve"? Because the "Federal" Reserve is a P R I V A T E banking cartel, not a Govt. agency. Maybe the "Federal" part has to do with the cartel's direct access to the highest levels of the Federal government for asserting their interests, over those of respondent's clueless, Con gress. As long as the cash flow is created through them (the cartel), and as long as they can rake in the fees and interest, and as long as they can push the debt liabilty onto the taxpayer, they (the cartel) "care not what laws a counry makes" and they care not who has to pay for it. Which, here, is You and Yours.

Do you think you, personally, will see any benefit from the trillion-odd new debtmoney? Have you noticed any from the prrior trillions? Of debt? Respondents, and more specifically, their progeny, WILL get the bill for it though.

The US Govt., your country, is broke, insolvent, under water, a financial beggar. Up arms if you agree.

Too, the added trillion(s) mentioned above, are over and above any deficit speding the Country will issue in the normal course of day-to-day funding gap filling. In particular, the prosecution of A-N-Y military action intending to assert, oops, defend, our power pride principals will be made possible only by debt based spending. The next generation(s) will sincerely appreciate us for that. This is nominally 50 k$ per person just now. Their future, your kid's and their's by the way, is, nominally, the paying of public financing of interest on debt, rather than any nominal service a civil society may provide.

Now compare the consequence of this ongoing quiet attack Your Country and its Banking Interests executes on You and Yours on a daily basis versus the latest (fill in the blank) out of the ME. Arms up if you notice a difference.

• Like 5

the USMC were fighting the same "small group" in tripoli back in the Barbary pirates war...

the same small group seems to be running Iran & clamoring for the destruction of Israeli..

Still, I don't want to "kill them all".. they will kill each other off...

I say lets not shed another drop of OUR blood for them.. or another dollar..

bring our people home & let 'em rot...

This. Some people have a notion that the middle east can be fixed. Good luck with that, the issues that they kill each other over are thousands of years old, are tribal in nature and are engrained in their DNA. The only hope they have is the youth movements as Shandlanos stated.

Not having the ability to fight back is an atrocity, putting people in harms way with no ammunition should be a crime.

While the initial reaction is nuk'em, we can't do that for several reasons. I say pull the people out, pull the aid and let them settle it.

• Like 2

To all of you ignorant scum-sucking shitheads ...

While I agree with the principle of your points(s), the offensive delivery is counter productive and in emotional respects indicative of exactly that behavior you decry [ RESPECT MY ATHORITAH! ]. Because humans are, yet, emotionally essentially mammals, and a frontal attack rivits the attention for a frontal response, to the attack, and any intelective response is rendered subservient to the emotional.

My ignorance, your ignorance, our ignorace, is where we come from. The war we wage is against ignorace, and in that we need to be mindful of and tempered by our own. The normal (as in statistical distribution) US populace has been thoroughly conditioned by years of commercial media and government propaganda, and it will take years to turn the effect of that around, so get ready for the long struggle. Pogo reminds: "We have met the enemy, and he is us".

There are reports the he died from smoke inhalation. If you've seen the pics of then dragging his dead body around he looks like he was in a fire. His clothes look sooty and he has the black rings around his nostrils from breathing in a lot of smoke. A doctor tried to revive him but couldn't. So if he died from smoke inhalation, unless they went in there durring the fire and rapped him, its just a media spin to get the public more upset. They want more military presents there now and this just gave the neo-cons a reason with public opinion to back it. What happened is tragic but we need to take care of it quick as in less than a year!

Like it or not, the only thing militant extremists respect is a demonstration of power.

Holding hands and singing songs with these people will earn you a free surgical operation where your head is inconveniently removed from the rest of your body.

So if me and 5 buddies go into another country's embassy and destroy it as well as killing and raping the delegates inside and the local police, military and government do nothing to stop it, the United States is in no way culpable for the actions of me and my buddies?

BTW, it was the Libyan government that gave up our embassy "safe house" locations that got mortared.

• Like 3

There are reports the he died from smoke inhalation. If you've seen the pics of then dragging his dead body around he looks like he was in a fire. His clothes look sooty and he has the black rings around his nostrils from breathing in a lot of smoke. A doctor tried to revive him but couldn't. So if he died from smoke inhalation, unless they went in there durring the fire and rapped him, its just a media spin to get the public more upset. They want more military presents there now and this just gave the neo-cons a reason with public opinion to back it. What happened is tragic but we need to take care of it quick as in less than a year!

Since when does our media want more military presence in the Middle East? Since when has our media presented facts that in any way advance a conservative agenda? For crying out loud they are doing everything they can to convince the American public that this is not an Anti-American thing just a bunch of innocent people that are really upset about a video. Jay Carney looks the press straight in the eye and says that the Obama Administration has no evidence that the attack on our ambassador was a coordinated event, and not a single reporter calls him on it? The Libyans themselves confirmed yesterday that it was. So don't talk to me about the media being in the tank for the "Neocons". That statement is just ridicous and doesn't jive with reality. Happily moving back to the gun posts now.

• Like 3

Well after thinking of this horseshit at work today, (it did bug me for some reason), Ive came to a conclusion. The only way we will get out of this mess is to do what Juggs said. Pull the fuck out and cut off all funding. These fuckers make me sick, and as much as I would like to see their asses lit up for it, the truth is we can no longer afford it.

They've been doing this shit long before we got involved, and will do so long after we leave. Its no suprise this shit happend. Sooner or later, it was bound to. Somebody in the "top secret" sector needs to put their fucking dogs back on a leash.

I know this sounds bad and racist and savage but....

Islam religion is THE and A problem, muslims are THE and A problem. They cant be reasoned with, they will never go along with live and let live mentality, and if it were up to them we would all be muslims following their shitty rules and oppressive views. I say lets destroy them all before its too late. ALL OF THEM!!

Edited by GREYLUPO
  • Like 1

Since when does our media want more military presence in the Middle East? Since when has our media presented facts that in any way advance a conservative agenda? For crying out loud they are doing everything they can to convince the American public that this is not an Anti-American thing just a bunch of innocent people that are really upset about a video. Jay Carney looks the press straight in the eye and says that the Obama Administration has no evidence that the attack on our ambassador was a coordinated event, and not a single reporter calls him on it? The Libyans themselves confirmed yesterday that it was. So don't talk to me about the media being in the tank for the "Neocons". That statement is just ridicous and doesn't jive with reality. Happily moving back to the gun posts now.

Ok I didn't mean for you to take it as the media wants more military presents but the ones that control the media and both political parties do. The "neocons" lot to use an event like this and others to further their goal of "spreading democracy". You asked when the media has every tried to advance a conservative agenda? Have you ever heard of Fox News? They aren't any different then the liberal ones. Just like the two political parties, its just the republican version of the same plan.

Don't fall into the left-right paradigm...and if your already there get out lol.

Islam religion is THE and A problem, muslims are THE and A problem. They cant be reasoned with, they will never go along with live and let live mentality, and if it were up to them we would all be muslims following their shitty rules and oppressive views. I say lets destroy them all before its too late. ALL OF THEM!!

Looks like we can add one more call for genocide to the multiple this thread has already spawned.

If this attack was caused by a video depicting Muhammad in an offensive way then I think that each similar attack should result in a picture the next morning on the front page of USA Today of Muhammad with a broomstick shoved up his ass. This is apparently the language they speak so their actions should result in that which they fear most.

• Like 4

They want more military presents there now

Hey

I'm all for giving any and all individual's that wish destruction to me and mine a military present -- preferably kinetic and delivered to the head...

I was thinking a muhammad chia pet might be fun.

How bout Mohammed toilet paper

or (about to get totally offensive...)

an ultra plush koran???

• Like 3

They want more military presents there now

Hey

I'm all for giving any and all individual's that wish destruction to me and mine a military present -- preferably kinetic and delivered to the head...

I was thinking a muhammad chia pet might be fun.

How bout Mohammed toilet paper

or (about to get totally offensive...)

an ultra plush koran???

I like that! What about muhammed brand bacon. I can see the package now! haha.gif
  • Like 2

Ok I didn't mean for you to take it as the media wants more military presents but the ones that control the media and both political parties do. The "neocons" lot to use an event like this and others to further their goal of "spreading democracy". You asked when the media has every tried to advance a conservative agenda? Have you ever heard of Fox News? They aren't any different then the liberal ones. Just like the two political parties, its just the republican version of the same plan.

Don't fall into the left-right paradigm...and if your already there get out lol.

Looks like we can add one more call for genocide to the multiple this thread has already spawned.

So exactly who controls the media? "The ones" isn't descriptive enough for me. I need some more clarification if you don't mind. Just a thought but if they control the media, then why are the media outlets doing exactly the opposite of the wishes of those who control them?

Yeah I have heard of Fox News once or twice. It seems they get their stories from the AP and Reuters the same as CNN, MSNBC, NPR, and the networks. I really dont see much difference between all of them, nor do I trust a word that any of them say. There is always an agenda to every story reported or more importantly, not reported. Don't worry, I won't get trapped in the right or left camp. I tend to fall more in the "common sense" camp. Funny though, although it doesn't always align me with the right, it seems to never align me with the "left."

• Like 1

I agree with Juggs. Get out, cut off all aid, and let them settle it tribal style. If trouble brews, bomb as required or desired. It will take those people forever to change their ways. Some are more optimistic about the youth in Egypt than others. Time will tell. For now they have chosen the Muslim Brotherhood.

What some people don't understand is that sick bastards like these guys exist in all cultures and strides. Look at what Americans did in Abu Ghraib.

Maybe it's anti-Islam, but it's not racist because Islam isn't a race.

Edited by Ermac
  • Like 2

I'm with Juggs on this one...pull our people out and let them sort it out themselves...oh, and go ahead and round up ALL of the ferrel hogs in the US and ship them over there. With the money that we are wasting , we could afford to trap and ship them all to a place where they are needed! Would be a good cover shot, wild hogs dining on terrorists!

• Like 2

I object to wanting to rid the world of Islam and its ill-effects being called genocide.

When a group of people wants to kill you, has said they will, and has started down that path,

getting rid of them before they do it is not genocide, it's self-preservation.

I'm cool with Muslims who reject the violent parts of the Koran, fundamentalism, and terrorism,

but, if you want to live be the sword, you will die by it.

• Like 3

We need to pull everyone out and send in cruise missiles or drones at specific targets.

What really pisses me off is Obuhmer apologizing to the asssholes for any offense we commited causing them to performs acts of terrorism. There is still a war on terror isn't there?

Hell, even Bill Clinton had the balls to strike back missiles when the time called for it. The current administration makes me vomit in mouth more often than I care to.

There is still a war on terror isn't there?

Uh no actually, according to the worst president in our history, the war on terror is over and we are currently conducting an "overseas contingency operation". November can NOT get here fast enough -- if "we" re-elect the worst president in our history, then we deserve everything that's coming.