Tromix FCG Install(With Gallery Pics)

At the request of a member,I was asked if I can show a detail of the FCG install so here goes(Again sorry for pic quality)

PIc one you can see the orientation of how the spring must be placed on the new Tromix Trigger

DSCF1359

Pic two you can see the lower reciever ready to accept the new FCG

DSCF1360

Pic three you can see the Trigger installed,pay attention to the legs of the spring on the trigger(Curled up)

DSCF1361

Pic fourTrigger installed with the pin a quarter of the way in ,ready to accept the sear(note its easier to put trigger in,put the pin in a little to retain it, then put sear in then push all the way threw

DSCF1362

Pic Five Hammer spring orientation

DSCF1363

Pic six Trigger complete ready to start Hammer

DSCF1364

Pic seven orientation of the Hammer install,legs of the spring will rest on the ouside spring that wraps around the trigger

DSCF1365

Pic eight hammer installed with legs resting on the Trigger

DSCF1367

last pic shows completed,Hope this helps someone.There is a pretty good detail on Gunsumereports.com.Please do not beat me up to much on this,Thank you

shit tier mka 1919 replacement spring detent:

shittier1919detentspring_zps356f3700.jpg

Pic of 922r compliant fcg replacement parts

Hammer on left is the new us made one available on CSS

Trigger group on left is the tromix trigger

1919922rcompliantpartsinfcg_zps6af4eecc.jpg

Thanks for the guide, installing the fcg was actually a lot easier than I imagined, especially with step by step pics

...unfortunately...

As always, something has to go wrong. The 1919 spring detent replacement RAAC sent me got stripped pretty easily. I used the same "eyeglasses" screwdriver with the old spring detent and had no stripping. Guess I have to wait another @#!$%&! week for a spring detent replacement. This time, I'm shopping around for the thinnest but wide screwdriver I can find...not stripping this again, I'm sick of waiting to break in the recoil spring and action with hunting loads cause of having to need replacement parts

stripped1919detentspring_zps74c4925e.jpg

Edited by FoxHound

I told you that was pretty easy, but man you are to rough on your screws, gotta screw soft and gentle bro lol

You'll get it soon enough

my suggestion on the screw drivers, go to radioshack get the set of philips and flat head in the small plastic case for electronics. I have those and a stupid $$$ matco bit driver set.

Just an FYI next time, that screw is just a set screw. Loosely screw it in till it just touches the safety lever. You'll feel it.

Thanks for the guide, installing the fcg was actually a lot easier than I imagined, especially with step by step pics

...unfortunately...

As always, something has to go wrong. The 1919 spring detent replacement RAAC sent me got stripped pretty easily. I used the same "eyeglasses" screwdriver with the old spring detent and had no stripping. Guess I have to wait another @#!$%&! week for a spring detent replacement. This time, I'm shopping around for the thinnest but wide screwdriver I can find...not stripping this again, I'm sick of waiting to break in the recoil spring and action with hunting loads cause of having to need replacement parts

...unfortunately...

You might be able to salvage that one. I would put a drop on oil on the screw and start it with your fingers. Then get it as far as you can with pliers. Depending on how bad the head is, you might be able to get it flush with the lower with a bigger screwdriver if you bear down. The screw on mine goes in pretty easy - I can get it almost flush with my fingers. Another option is to drill the threads out on the lower with a slghtly bigger bit than the hole, then you could just drop the detent in. The upper would keep it in place. The only reason that hole is threaded is so you won't lose the screw when you separate the two halves for takedown. I know waiting for a critical part like that sucks! Esp. when you want to shoot it.

Nah, it's fine. I dont want to risk damaging anything else. I spoke to RAAC this morning and those guys are very understanding. Theyre sending me another screw and hopefully it'll be here by Friday.

But yes, you guys are right. They suggested spraying it with lube or oil to make the process smoother.

Oh and Hajk, I screwed it in as far as it possibly could go without any significant force and it still stuck out of the lower receiver a bit. I kept checking the safety to see if it "set it" but it seems I'll have to completely screw the detent spring in for it to catch the safety with its detent

It's fine, I bummed a tiny little glasses screwdriver from a friend and I'm gonna drown the detent spring in CLP or RemOil...whichever my hand reaches first.

Once this order is over, I can start breaking in my 1919 with hunting loads lol. Jeez, its been like a month-long ordeal

Edited by FoxHound