Tossing around the Ver 02 in 16.5" or 20".. and a folder..

I am leaning toward the Ver 02 in 54r in 16.5" or 20".. they both seem to have the CAP over the end (and threads) in all the pictures I found online of them.. which is appealing (to me) for a brake to be attached readily..

Granted there is mostly the 147gr ball for it at like $90/440 tin.. and some commercial out there for higher..

I plan on doing a folder using parts from CSS (and the angle adpator).. would a 20" still look ok over a 16"??

(I know a folder on a 54R would be bada$$).. go BIG or go HOME is my thought..

My inspiration pic from about 4 years back from another forum member.. and his 545x39..

post-8775-0-05941100-1347848984_thumb.jpg

Edited by YWHIC
  • 1 month later...

I can't say.. I went 20.5" in Ver 01 type.. I wanted the 1000m rear sight and the standard length AK gas tube.. the Ver 02 is about 1" longer for the gas tube and only has a 100 & 300m flip sight.. no 200m setting.. the plus side for the Ver 02 is the barrel is threaded already to 14Lx1 for you just under a CAP..

The twist is 1 in 9.5" so you get a full 2+ turns with the 20.5" and only 1 3/4 with the 16" version..

I would think less fireball with the 20.5" over the 16" as well.

Overall VERY happy with my choice..

RifleScpeSm.jpg

Edited by YWHIC

The number of turns a bullet receives has nothing to do with its accuracy or stability. A bullet from a 16 inch vepr and a 27 inch are going to leave the muzzle spinning at the exact same rate.

Long Barrel/Short Barrel

Heavy weight | Light weight

More velocity | Less velocity

More Heat Dispersion | Less

Poor Maneuverability | Better

Less Muzzle Blast | More Blast

Those apply to any rifle of the same model but in varying lengths. Notice that basic accuracy isn't among those.

• Like 1