vepr 12 accessories/mods you will do

I plan to style it after Sergi's 3gun which is an ar stock, probably moe, a reddot, a choke and gk-01. Or I might go sbs?.?

Not sure if we have a source of vepr folding action kits. Only option for a folding ar stock without perm. Mods is to use bonesteelarms folding mech. Im just gonna have the ar stock no folder.

Think that's it

Well, I have never even held one yet. I am considering buying a few of these. My first will likely get a permed GK-01 at just a touch over 18". I may move the gas system back on it, but it is hard to tell from pics if it would be appropriate. Second on the list will be an 8". Of course, I have some extra Russian triangle folders that I may install, but I am concerned about clearance issues with the magwell and bulged receiver. I'm not sure that I like the rail on the cover. It goes in the opposite direction of my main building philosophy (as snag free and light as possible). We shall see.... people, I am very excited and hope I can do this thing some justice.

• Like 1

I have a box full of triangles just dieing to become a whole, also have a couple MOLOT V12 metal magwells I plan to experiment with.. just need a GK-01 and I'll be set.. maybe try to find a MOLOT V12 folding stock w/trunnion but thats probably not going to happen without years of crys.

• Like 1

As of today I have a GK-01 ordered and I already have 8 factory 8rd mags for the Vepr-12 and a metal magwell as for a rear stock I will just go with a AR style non-folder for now untill Vepr stocks and trunions are available or if that does not happen maybe a SVDS style saiga stock if it is possible I am unsure if the front latch will work with the bigger front trunion. Hell I am just happy they are coming in.

im cutting grinding and chopping,,, with some welding and some triangle folding.. and some tefloning.. and then form 2 taddda..

I'm looking forward to pics!.... and getting a couple of VEPRs from you guys.

I just realized we are at the end of my 3rd quarter. Owner's draw!

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I would like to find a Vepr-12 folder and trunnion, hopefully someone will make a rail for the hand guard. And does anyone know if one of these railed FSB from K-var for the 030 would fit a Vepr?

Vepr-12 has the same, why you want to change fo K-var?

Edited by PapaZorro

I would like to find a Vepr-12 folder and trunnion, hopefully someone will make a rail for the hand guard. And does anyone know if one of these railed FSB from K-var for the 030 would fit a Vepr?

The AFT imposed regulations that forbid the 1913 picatinny rail on the bottom of the front gas block. The sporterized Saiga 12 030 that came in had the picatinny rails milled off/removed. We are assuming the Vepr 12 will have the same thing done to them. So, defequisiom is asking if the diameter of the barrel at the FGB is the same on the Vepr 12 as it is on the Saiga 030 so that we can swap out the imported FGB for the railed version that KVAR is selling. Do you happen to know if there are interchangeable?

The AFT imposed regulations that forbid the 1913 picatinny rail on the bottom of the front gas block. The sporterized Saiga 12 030 that came in had the picatinny rails milled off/removed. We are assuming the Vepr 12 will have the same thing done to them. So, defequisiom is asking if the diameter of the barrel at the FGB is the same on the Vepr 12 as it is on the Saiga 030 so that we can swap out the imported FGB for the railed version that KVAR is selling. Do you happen to know if there are interchangeable?

As I know internal diameter is different 18,5 & 18,3 external is the same - Gas TUBE from Vepr12/RPK is NOT the SAME as Saiga12/AKM! So could be is not nterchangeable - have to try!

Rpk wooden forarm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lower need some adjusting to fit Vepr-12 wink.png anyway some guys in Russia change plastic with picatinny for wood as well as handgrip from RPK - looks cool!

Maybe someone you know would be willing to sell me their plastic with picatinny. big_smile.gif

Edited by defequisimo

If to make railed gas block in US, maybe better make something like this

1896457.jpg

• Like 1

Today, on Moscow International Exhibition ARMS & Hunting 2012, I spoke with Chief Constructor of Molot Mr Sergey Urzhumtsev about Vepr-12 Saiga-12-30 Gas block interchangeability, and Sergey told me that Saiga-12-030 will fit to Vepr-12. They are 100 % interchangeable.

• Like 2