Bedding the super vepr 308 stock

I have been searching google and the internet and saw a few posts on a few forums of a guy claiming better accuracy from his super when he bedded the rifle into the stock, has anyone seen this? How viable is that? I was thinking of trying but am too scared of messing up such a nice stock. No sense in ruining a nice rifle anyway.

from the few I have read doing it, its not the easiest rifle to bed, if you get it wrong you easily can have an action that you will have to cut the stock off of. the trick is I guess working around some of the rivets and making sure the open spot in the receiver is filled with clay or putty beforehand. if you don't think you have the fortitude I would suggest taking it to a professional of your choice.

some people I have read about doing this have either stated no improvement or marginal improvement.

the way the stock is designed I would not think bedding will have much of an impact unless the stock becomes worn from excessive removal.