Saiga Rifle FSB direct replacement

Hello, I did a bit of searching, and I still can't figure out where to purchase a direct fit replacement for the front sight block. Mine is mangled up badly. It doesn't have to be an identical piece as the stock Saiga one...I just need something that is a direct fit basically for the simplest install. I checked out Kvar and there are so many, I get confused. I don't care if it has bayo/rod attachment stuff, I just want something that will just fit on the Saiga barrel. If someone can point me in the right direction, I appreciate it!

I know a Bulgarian one will fit for sure. Not sure if a Romanian barrel is the same size. And since your going to replace it, you may want to consider if your going to ever want to put a muzzle device on.

But for a direct replacement, a Russian/Bulgarian AKM/'74 will fit.

All of the '74 fsb's I have seen, that were said to work for a saiga rifle, have the 24mm threads on them. Since I didnt want 24mm threads, I looked for ones with no threads and had no luck finding them.

Edited by Boomsick42

All of the '74 fsb's I have seen, that were said to work for a saiga rifle, have the 24mm threads on them. Since I didnt want 24mm threads, I looked for ones with no threads and had no luck finding them.

I dont think you will find a '74 style FSB that does not have 24mm threads. If your looking for a FSB that is standard, and without threads, Id look for an AKM FSB.

Awesome, so AKM it is. ANyone know where one would find these? My FSB took quite a beating from hitting stuff and also adjustments to the sight took its toll as well. Ya, I'm not looking for 24mm stuff...just need standard...something that fits...its all i care about.

I got my FSB from K-Var. Gently smacked it on using a steel pipe and a hammer (no press, haha), and aligned it using the old sight adjustment tool (rubber mallet). Took maybe 5 minutes to get it on and centered.

Edited by VaiFanatic

Awesome, so AKM it is. ANyone know where one would find these? My FSB took quite a beating from hitting stuff and also adjustments to the sight took its toll as well. Ya, I'm not looking for 24mm stuff...just need standard...something that fits...its all i care about.

It took a beating from hitting stuff? Over here its my surroundings that took quiet a beating from accidentally being hit with the Saiga! Especially the front sight, yeah, its got paint chipping on the ears from hitting stuff while being slung.

robertrtg website has the FSB that you need. It will come with the drum and sight post removed though , so have a sight tool to screw the post in. To install the drum into the FSB you lay the FSB on its flat part on top of like a inch wide piece of wood or something, then just smack it in with a hammer once its lined up. Do not attempt to install the drum when the sight is laying down in an angle (i.e. just sitting on top of a table, with the ears making one side sit higher), you will just bend your shit.