I did it.. bought 20" of the Ver 01 in 54R

Well I got ansy and confirmed with the dealer that the 20" Version 01 has the muzzle cap..

So for $817 shipped I ordered it..

VEPR54Rsm.jpg

I plan on doing a review on it when I get it in hand and a range report.. stay tuned for that..

20" should be just enough turns to get some of the powder to burn and not be too long for some CQB if needed.. I confirmed with WPA it has the preferred new 1:9.5 twist as well..

I plan on doing a folder setup.. when I get about another $300 in the bank.. be buying at least 880 rounds of ammo first and testing.. and some 10 round mags..

Edited by YWHIC
  • Like 4

I am jealous, I want one of those very bad. It is at the top of my list. Only problem is that all of my money tied up in investments now. Once I get around to being able to buy this is the one I want. Nice buy. Video please when you get it.

Sweet. When I bought my 5.45 my local shop had one of these. I had to play with it. I dont think that my shop will have any of the Vepr's in for long. These things are too pretty and have the smoothest action of any stamped reciever AK I have ever held. Nice score!

Edited by Captain Hero

Well the dealer just called me.. none of their 20" Ver 01 have the muzzle cap.. only their Ver 02..

I went with the Ver 01 anyway as I want the 1000m rear site and I can thread the muzzle 5/8-24 myself.. The importer said 5/8-24 tap is smooth to do on the 54r barrels.. asll still well..

Hopefully my FFL gets it by Saturday.. Then I can do a Sunday range test.. cool.png

Edited by YWHIC

I may do the same brake from DZ.. how much did it cut the KICK down on yours??

or go with the DD Mitigator for $65

916424.jpg

Or the old Miculek I have used on like 4 prior builds including my Saiga 308..

910504.jpg

I was looking at the YHM 3080 brake.. as it looks 'comblock-ish'..

337070.jpg

I dunno know if I'm gonna get glass.. I may end up taking off the stock and doing something more traditional AK'ish with it.. LoL

Edited by YWHIC