Vepr 7.62X54 Scope Choices

If you plan on going 6x, you might as well go 8xType this into the search box at Kalinka Optics; GSPOSP842DVPROAKMD or GSPOSP842PROAK

If you plan on going 6x, you might as well go 8x. The type of reticle really comes down to preference, but if you know how to use them, I'd go mil-dot; if not, the Russian chevron reticle is easy enough to figure out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No need for the much magnification. Better glass wouldn't be a bad idea though.

Always push NPZ stuff over the POSP scopes because there's no comparison. NPZ's optics are to leupold as POSPs are to BSA.

pAigc.jpg

Put an NPZ PO-4x24 on an AK mount base, absolutely perfect for both the vepr and saiga.

An SVD base will fit on the veprs, but I'm not sure which optics will clear the rear sight. I'm pretty sure any of the 24mm scopes will clear it, but I'm not recommending you try it unless you have one laying around.

Edited by Tombs

GUYS,

HAS ANYONE TRIED PUTTING A PARABELLUM ARMAMENT AKARS RECEIVER COVER ON A 'X54R VEPR?

I HAVE AN AKARS ON AN AES10B/RPK AND IT WENT WITH NO PROB. THE VEPR IS BUILT ON AN RPK RECEIVER SO I DON'T FORSEE ANY ISSUES.

I HAVE A VEPR INBOUND FROM CENTERFIRE AND A SPARE AKARS LAYING AROUND AND WE'LL SEE HOW IT GOES NEXT WEEK.

'PEARS THAT I'LL HAVE TO EXTEND THE EJECTION PORT ON THE AKARS REARWARD TO MATCH THE VEPR, SO AS TO PASS THE LONGER/FATTER CASE.

I'M GOING TO PUT A 1-4X SCOPE ON IT, A KONUS FOR RIGHT NOW, BUT IF THE CONCEPT WORKS OUT I MAY UPGRADE TO THE MILLETT 1-4X DMR IN ATACS CAMO.

IDEAS/OPINIONS??

JESS1344