Somewhere in Sweden...

"We've got this great sighting system, and we need you marketing guys to come up with a good name for the product."

"What kind of sighting system is it?"

"It's a red dot, but instead of a dot, it's a ring."

"A red ring?"

"Yes. Now, we need a name by tomorrow morning and can only afford to pay you guys 10 Euros, so get cracking!"

Seriously though, I'm underwhelmed. Even though I enjoy it immensely I'm a terrible clayshooter, so one would think that I'd be excited to find something that would seem to be in a position to help me break more clays. For all the "smart" technology the article claims, the smartest function I can find would be the potential to adjust the brightness based on the target background, but this isn't really revolutionary. A system that used accelerometers to put a pipper of some sort in the sight would be much more of a breakthrough, though I don't know if it'd be a game-changer.

• 8 months later...

That's totally slick. Wish they made a rifle sight just like it.

Now G, you know your eotech will do the same thing. The ring is a rangefinder just doesn't react to ambient light. In my experience, ambient light reticle adjustment does not work to well for me. I prefer manual or tritium illumination.

• Like 1

I've got a couple shotgun scopes with a diamond shaped retical that is intended to roughly equal spread at various ranges depending on choke and shot type. I really like them, and did not spend $900

Now G, you know your eotech will do the same thing. The ring is a rangefinder just doesn't react to ambient light. In my experience, ambient light reticle adjustment does not work to well for me. I prefer manual or tritium illumination.

Someone's Eotech might, but not mine. I have the single dot only variety (no ring). wink.png

Edited by Gary

There's no way. And ive used rifle sights to shoot clays and I usually focous on the clay not the sight. I see the front sight as a second thought. It works and I can break them. I would never Pay that for anything for a shotgun. I could buy a saiga 12 and a mossberg pump for that price.

Someone's Eotech might, but not mine. I have the single dot only variety (no ring). wink.png

Just as well...This is better than the 65 MOA ring that EOTechs have. This is a 70 MOA ring! Edited by DrThunder88

Just as well...This is better than the 65 MOA ring that EOTechs have. This is a 70 MOA ring!

Were starting to get into apples v. oranges I think. On this, it is for shot pattern, right? On the eotech (except gary's LOL) it is for a little different purpose and not quite so pricey but the concept is kind of cool. Now I do have a 10MOA red dot mounted on an M60 to cover the "beaten zone" at range. Does that count?