Cheapest Slugs - that cycle.

Just digging around online and trying to find slugs that are the most cost effective / reliable ratio. So far, these are the cheapest I have found in bulk. http://www.ammunitio...-45oz-slug-ammo

I know my S20 is used, not sure how much has ran through her yet. The only mods that listed when I bought her:

"Re-locate trigger to optimum location with upgraded Tapco fire control group and custom trigger guard, replace piston for more reliable and faster cycling, replace stock with Red Jacket push-button folding stock,replace pistol grip with Hogue rubber grip and you now have a reliable, faster cycling"

I'm curious as to what links people have for slugs, but also cost effective buck shot too out of the S20! 3in, whatever.

Thanks!

Edited by gfburke
  • 2 weeks later...

Brenneke 3" are my hunting round. Barely a drop @ 70 yds and great penetration for hunting with 2.5 inch groups at that range. I get similar grouping from their 2 3/4 KO slugs. I have also found that Remington Slugger 2/34 are pretty accuratre too with 3 inch groups at 70yds but a LOT less penetration than either Brenneke. Stay away from Federal slugs unless you use the Premium true-ball. Every federal vita-shock I shot hit a diff edge of the target, like 12 inch groups atr 70-75 yds. The True-Ball Premium was just like the Remmy Sluggers with a little more penetration.

sgammo.com has the same sluggs for about $55 plus shipping. i dont hunt with my s20 but these sluggs are cheap enough to fuck-up some shit with. would not have a problem keeping loaded for HD. they also carry rio buckshot pretty cheap. again, i dont hunt with my s20, wife and son use it to shot holes in everthing they can when we practice/play

ya might try molding your own, and taking apart birdshot shells...there is a big thread on it over in the 12 ga section...

but ya, sgammo are good people. they come to most of the local shows. kinda sucks casue they are in state though so iwould have to pay sales tax..