Clever girl...

HA ha ha Thanks for posting that vid. Even before I owned a shottie, that scene upset me. Why have a pistol grip for CQDinoB and go thru all the motions of sighting it in as a long shot for a shot that is almost 10 feet away?

Another big let down was 9 shots from a 7 round PPK near the end of Devil's Advocate.

Edited by msrdiver
  • Like 1

Don't get me started on movie shootouts...

Ever notice how 5 bad guys with full-auto weapons can empty their guns at the good guy and not hit a thing? Then the good guy fires 10 rounds from a revolver and perfectly double-taps all of them. unsure.png

• Like 2

One name. Chuck Norris.The biggest offender. Problem is these rules apply to most action movie main characters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvmEZiIX3Yg&feature=related

Hey don't fuck with Chuck, or this could be you .lol

post-11513-0-41613100-1348413511.jpg

• Like 4

I watched the pilot for that new show "Revolution" and was disgusted when a man was shot in the chest by a crossbow while running toward the shooter. The man was swept backward off his feet... I couldn't stand it!

You have any idea how many deer get shot with arrows and jump like stung by a bee and go back to feeding untill they bleed out? I have had this happen on lung shots that passed between ribs and did'nt hit bone.lol

One name. Chuck Norris.The biggest offender. Problem is these rules apply to most action movie main characters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvmEZiIX3Yg&feature=related

Hey don't fuck with Chuck, or this could be you .lol

post-11513-0-41613100-1348413511.jpg

Well as much as I fear Chuck it's all propaganda. In the Chuck Norris always hits first part you clearly see a chin while he has his beard shaved... not another fist.lmao I was crushed. Edited by rnemhrd

I honestly think that's become part of the over the top fun in these movies. Like 3 shots from a double barrel shotty in Army of Darkness. Or everyone exploding and limbs flying off in the new Expendables movie.

Army of darkness was tongue and cheek about the absurdity though. Hence the over the shoulder shooting, and blue spark dragonsbreath loads.

• Like 1

My fav is when you start counting the shots between reloads and they just keep shooting and shooting and never seem to have to reload ..... I swear they have the 100 round mags for thier handguns but they look loke a normal size mag...where did they get those I want one too

One of my movie "heroes", was a man almost never seen on film- Bob Anderson. He was the Sword Master for many movies, all the way from Star Wars to Lord of the Rings.

(How bloody cool would that be, to list your professional occupation as "Sword Master"?! :D )

During the filming of one of the scenes in LOTR, Viggo Mortenson (Aragorn) asked Bob about a particular combination of attacks. He said to Bob that "this" would be much more effective. Bob replied something to the effect of, "Well, yes, that would work better, but this is the movies, dear boy!" :up:

Why do the movie heroes do "that" on-screen? Because this is the movies! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

HA ha ha Thanks for posting that vid. Even before I owned a shottie, that scene upset me. Why have a pistol grip for CQDinoB and go thru all the motions of sighting it in as a long shot for a shot that is almost 10 feet away?

Another big let down was 9 shots from a 7 round PPK near the end of Devil's Advocate.

Cuz it looks GREAT on film, like the clicking hammer sounds that suddenly appear in movies when the bad guys are using GLOCKS....

Kinda like End of Watch.....just saw it last night. Three fun-switch equipped AKs, maybe 20-30 yards away at most, 30 round mags....and neither one of the two guys got hit? Would have made for a quick ending I guess....

haven't seen it, but this sounds close to realistic.

as gun lovers we shoot for fun and practice a lot.

most real criminals do not.and most cops only shoot to qualify.

ever seen the kehoe brothers video?

not to mention without practice FA is difficult to control.

Edited by Bulldog_Shotgun

I saw end of watch also. The thing to remember was that the bad guys were shooting underfolders without proper support. In other words, the buttstocks were not extended, thus no support for an accurate shot. I've never shot a full auto AK, but I have shot full auto SBR AR-15's, and those things are impossible to control. It reminded me of an impact wrench. The darn thing wold torque over. I imagine that the 7.62 x 39 would probably be worse.

I never thought of that before, but the "impact wrench" comparison is pretty good! smile.png

I've only fired full-auto on one occasion- 2 mags from an MP-5 and 2 mags from a CAR-15. The MP-5 was very nice! 5-rnd. bursts were very controllable. The '15... not so much. wacko.png I knew how it was going to react, so I aimed at the right hip on the silhouette target. My 6-rnd burst drew a perfect line up to the left shoulder! At least they all hit. biggrin.png

Edited by Ronin38