Gas Tube Length and fitting

So I was test fitting my new gas tube today, and I have come to realize that while I can get the tube to fit, I have to struggle really hard to get it on an off, and the sight lever actually appears to be digging into the rear of the tube just slightly.

I know that some filing is generally neccesary, but when I compare the saiga gas tube and the ak tube, the saiga doesnt appear to come into any sort of contact with the sight base lever.

When I set both tubes side by side, the ak gas tube appears slightly longer, I have already done some filing to ensure that the tube will fit past the roll pin (which I have yet to finish), but now I am concerned that most of my issue is actually with the length of the tube itself. Should I file down a bit at the end of the gas tube towards the gas block before I continue further?

I will attempt to have some photos up explaining what I am refering to in the next day or so.