wtk - interest in a metal triangle stock for ace block

I am thinking about having a small run made of metal triangle stock that will bolt up to ACE adapters and ACE folding mechanism. So it will look similar to a triangle stock and can be folded or left open depending on what ACE parts you have. I have attached a 3D model for reference.

post-659-0-99665700-1348315101_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I think it's a good idea. I don't have that setup anymore but lots of people do and would be a nice cheap us made 922r option for people who want that 100 series look and don't want to pay 260 for the stock&trunnion and another 150 to have installed. I might get one. Depends on the price.

• Like 1

LOP is also a factor. Ace adds like 1/2" and I would want the taken off the stock length if possible. I donno, hard to say. I would have to shoulder it to be sure. Might be just fine. I just don't want to end up with something like what kvar has where it's adapter mounts to the tang and its like 2" longer. If u know what I mean.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't like the extra length either, I have it drawn up at 10" in length now but that could change. I want to see if it is possible to produce them so that I can sell them for under $100 for the stock. I am also working on drawings for a stick that would be similar to the Galileo folder except it will work with the ACE parts.

+1 on the good idea. I would like to see it available in two lengths....the normal Warsaw and Nato. If it bolts up to an Ace hinge you can set it up to fold either direction just by flipping the hinge.

Here's an idea for you also. Make it with a flange inside the front and lower rear corners of the triangle that has a hole to accept a QD sling swivel. One of the only downfalls of the Ace stock is the lack of adequate sling loops choices. The hinge itself comes with a nice sling loop for threading into the side of it, but only goes in one side, where it should be able to go in either side for people who want it to fold the opposite direction. In fact it would be much easier to just add a threaded hole to both sides of the front and rear, to accept the standard sling loop that comes with the hinge. They are very nice, I just like the QD ones now available for stocks like the DPH and RJF, etc.

• Like 1

Heres a picture of a fixed Poly stock that was a copy of a Krink folder.. there is a slight angle to it..

Notice the HOLE in the middle of the stock by the rear trunnion.. A QD sling point their (or near their) maybe would work..

PolyTriangle.jpg

I miss that stock (sold with rifle)..

Edited by YWHIC

I have one of those polymer stocks, that's were I got the dimensions from. On my 2D drawing i have a rib between the top and bottom near the trunion I forgot to add it to the 3D.

I really like the polymer stock but it doesn't fold is the only problem.

I will try to finish up a more accurate 3RD image to see what you guys think, because any advise is helpfull

If an ACE adapter works with a Vepr then you will be able to bolt this to it. The ACE stuff is a great line of products and I just thought about making a stock in a style not available for the ACE adapter right now.

I got a quote and it looks like I will probably have 20 made up once I start selling the spiker assemblies I am about to finish up.

At the quantity that I can afford to order my cost will be close to 70 in the white, so I will probably have to be a little under 100. If my spikers sell really good I good buy a bigger quantity of the stocks so they would be cheaper. I am going to try to see what I can do to make production easier and cheaper because if they cost to much to produce I won't bother getting them made.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this type of stock, and I thought to myself, "Why not make it out of stamped steel?" The original stock is stamped, after all. So, I screwed around with my graphics program and drafted up a flat design that I transferred onto some posterboard. A bit of rubber cement and Scotch tape later rendered the object in the attached images.

I didn't account for the holes to attach to the block, so I haven't been able to "fit" it onto any of my Ace-equipped guns, but examining the lines puts it close to standard-length stocks in terms of LOP and comb height. Furthermore, reaching the heads of the machine screws would take a long hex head driver, probably on a ratchet. Still, it might be a more economical approach to the stock.

I also don't know how thick the original is, so I based my design on a 1-inch diameter for the upper and lower struts.

post-13973-0-55403700-1350748377_thumb.png

post-13973-0-33454100-1350748435_thumb.png

Edited by DrThunder88
  • Like 1

I've been thinking about this type of stock, and I thought to myself, "Why not make it out of stamped steel?" The original stock is stamped, after all. So, I screwed around with my graphics program and drafted up a flat design that I transferred onto some posterboard. A bit of rubber cement and Scotch tape later rendered the object in the attached images.

I didn't account for the holes to attach to the block, so I haven't been able to "fit" it onto any of my Ace-equipped guns, but examining the lines puts it close to standard-length stocks in terms of LOP and comb height. Furthermore, reaching the heads of the machine screws would take a long hex head driver, probably on a ratchet. Still, it might be a more economical approach to the stock.

I also don't know how thick the original is, so I based my design on a 1-inch diameter for the upper and lower struts.

Very nice

If not in design maybe alittle bit of an arch to fit in shoulder or be able to mount pad.

QD socket

I'd buy this if price is reasonable

Very nice

If not in design maybe alittle bit of an arch to fit in shoulder or be able to mount pad.

QD socket

I'd buy this if price is reasonable

I totally forgot to incorporate it, but you're quite right. I was going to use an Ace-style recoil pad as the basis for the buttplate end. I don't know if a regular hex nut would work to hold it in place or a reinforcement plate on the interior would be more called for. Structural things like that would be better experimented with using a more robust material. Corrugated cardboard, maybe.
  • 2 weeks later...