Front sight/gas block combos for a saiga 5.45?

I was originally thinking of marking the original GB hole, then lining up a pipe cutter with the gas port, running the circumference of the barrel and tightening around the old GB mark so I know the center point of the port. I don't know how well that would work but I thought it'd be worth a try. I'm a bit of a perfectionist...

holes? if you are meaning the pin holes, there are none machined in the krebs. There two recess spots that you would if you want tp drill and pin.

I just pressed it on cleaned and fluxed and silver soldered it through the through hole on the bottom.

I ordered another two just in case they are around again.

cimg0522i.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by finishman2000
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

holes? if you are meaning the pin holes, there are none machined in the krebs. There two recess spots that you would if you want tp drill and pin.

I just pressed it on cleaned and fluxed and silver soldered it through the through hole on the bottom.

cimg0522i.jpg

What is the comp ya got there?

cimg0522i.jpg

I don't see the dimple from the front sight block, did you cut down the barrel? Edited by zippo101