Hey guys, it's been a LONG time since I've been around here...sorry, been really occupied with numerous projects. But I thought I would share a quick video I made concerning my M&P Spec ops. I didn't like the trigger, especially since I will be using this gun in 3-gun comps. SO I did a little mod and made a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R0EOChsdMI

Edited by Vultite
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's kinda weird they would do that...but, it is a limited run gun, and as far as I know the only factory M&P with a threaded barrel. But other than the barrel (which is oddly LH threaded) there isn't anything special about it...thus why I needed to adjust the trigger

Yeah, it's kinda weird they would do that.

it's called marketing. they want you to think that you're getting something special, ie. military accepted or approved. those phrases, "mil-spec" etc... means they can jump the price up for it.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Cool video.

How positive is the reset with the Apex mod, as in how much you can feel it in your trigger finger? I think I spoiled myself with all of my Glocks, because I love the reset on them and am not sure I could deal with anything less pronounced.

EDIT:...........and welcome back!

Edited by -Shooter-

Cool video.

How positive is the reset with the Apex mod, as in how much you can feel it in your trigger finger? I think I spoiled myself with all of my Glocks, because I love the reset on them and am not sure I could deal with anything less pronounced.

EDIT:...........and welcome back!

Thanks, you can feel the reset if your focused and taking your time...otherwise it isn't pronounced enough to feel the reset every time you pull the trigger if you're just messing around. But overall feel is improved over the standard setup, and Apex now has other options and even a aluminum trigger to replace the factory plastic trigger.

Edit: oh, and when I'm shooting the suppressor with it...I wear gloves to be able to adjust and tighten the suppressor (because the suppressor will back off during shooting) and I cannot feel the reset through the gloves.

Edited by Vultite

Wait a minute. The barrel has left handed threads and the can comes loose while shooting???? I thought that only happened on my right hand threaded cans.

Yeah, I've shot a lot of cans and the only ones that don't back off when firing are the ones that having the ratchet mechanism for attachment. Otherwise, they just back off the threads. Even the square-ish Osprey suppressors back off the barrel during shooting