Where can I find this handgaurd!!!

I found this pic in SOG's catalog but I can't find this handguard. Looking to get my Vepr 922r. Honestly, I don't want to change the furniture at all, but this is the best looking forend I've seen. I don't want any railed forends.

AK-SIAGA.jpg

Sorry for the tiny pic, best I could find.

Edited by spectre30

Ya, have dremel, make your own. But I don't know if it would pass 922r.

I think if enough modifications are made, it can be considered made in the US.

Don't quote me on this though.

The answer to that one is that if it still has the same function it still has the same origin. Imported handguard with lots of slots, and american applied glitter is still imported handguard. Imported handguard turned into a floorplate is a US made floorplate.

• Like 1

Ya, have dremel, make your own. But I don't know if it would pass 922r.

I think if enough modifications are made, it can be considered made in the US.

Don't quote me on this though.

The answer to that one is that if it still has the same function it still has the same origin. Imported handguard with lots of slots, and american applied glitter is still imported handguard. Imported handguard turned into a floorplate is a US made floorplate.

and for further reference in another thread http://forum.saiga-1...__30#entry11212

gotta love the BATF......

Edited by Dracozny

I suppose the only way around it, would be to melt the handguard down into raw materials, and reform it. After that, it would have to be considered made in the US, regardless of origin of the "raw" materials.

Granted, I've never heard of ANYONE ever being busted for 922r, but who wants to tempt fate? Until the dumb compliance is lifted (it never will) we have to deal with it.

I suppose the only way around it, would be to melt the handguard down into raw materials, and reform it. After that, it would have to be considered made in the US, regardless of origin of the "raw" materials.

Granted, I've never heard of ANYONE ever being busted for 922r, but who wants to tempt fate? Until the dumb compliance is lifted (it never will) we have to deal with it.

from the link I posted the argument imposed by the BATF is: if you made the part that would have caused it to be banned from import, then you effectively have a banned rifle and would be in violation regardless of where the material to make said part came from.

on the second note, although I will neither confirm if any of my firearms violate 922r its a matter of enforcement. I would suspect if anyone has been charged with violating this "law" it was tossed in as a bonus to much more diabolical charges, or as a last ditch F%^% you on failure to convict of more heinous crimes..

Edited by Dracozny