Etin Thrasher 4.0

Ok here it is, and while it's still not finished, it is very much useable considering I took 3rd in a Zombie themed 3gun RPS(role playing shoot) http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/80486-took-3rd-at-the-zombie-shooting-competition-in-ky/ . It's still cable trigger connected but I cranked out 11 rounds from a 5rnd and then an 8rnd mag with only one stove pipe(most likely a shouldering issue). Hopeing to continue the testing at the range this week, time permiting.

It's has modified Tapco trigger and FCG, Tac-47 Autoplug, ATI pistol grip, Chaos Wave muzzle break and puck, UTG forgrip, large M4 butt pad, and cheap airsoft sights(that I've seen on some higher end guns, lol).

post-15573-0-09354800-1348428524_thumb.jpg

post-15573-0-70989000-1348428646_thumb.jpg

Edited by BpS12
  • Like 1

Man, that bullpup looks great. I like the color you chose for it but how much does it weigh? And how is the weight distributed? I had a Kel-Tec RFB that was somewhat heavy compared to an AK or AR but all the weight was in the stock and when you shouldered it the balance was excellent and I could switch between targets very rapidly without my forward arm getting tired. How does this rate?

Man, that bullpup looks great. I like the color you chose for it but how much does it weigh? And how is the weight distributed? I had a Kel-Tec RFB that was somewhat heavy compared to an AK or AR but all the weight was in the stock and when you shouldered it the balance was excellent and I could switch between targets very rapidly without my forward arm getting tired. How does this rate?

Agreed, I loved my MSAR E4...with the left hand bolt of course ;)

still following this with interest. Nice job making the slots clean. Careful hand with a drill and dremil or did you get to borrow a mill?

I still believe that if your gun does not cycle 100% no matter how badly you hold it, it needs gas/ friction work done. It's a gas operated firearm, not delayed blowback.

Thanks guys. Look close though and you'll see the slots arn't perfect. Tried a few things but the Dremel with quick change blades was the best. Will do just dots for Danciana(the RPK). I've always had a thing for long, lancky Eastern bloc girls in polka dots(bikinis) anyway, lol.

Gunfun, you're right, I've only put about 3-400 rounds throught it and have done no polishing. Part of the reason for takeing a break just to enjoy for a bit before doing the trigger rod, forward charging handle, mag release and maybe a forward BHO.

RS12, it weighs about 12# empty, but as you say, all the weight is between the firing hand and shoulder. When I had it in the modified KVar kit, I could shoot one handed and recover my poa pretty quick. I love the bullpup because I can manipulate all the controls and never take my hand off the pistol grip.

Goose, If I get the forward charging handle going right, the original CH will be gone so no looseing teeth on left hand shots. And since the thing kicks empties far right forward, I'm not worried about that even now. Also, I think there is someone doing left handed conversions, bolt and all. Do a search, you might find the thread.

Goose, ya I saw that too. Gave me a few ideas, lol.

Gunfun, thats with that Tapco aluminium vfg, rails and covers. Its only 1/8" thick aluminum but there is an 1/8"x 1" steel bar from the pg to the receiver.

I was issued my first M16 and it had Mattel stamped on it. Same logo as on my G.I. Joes butts as a kid, lol. I guess I still have issues with plastic covered long weapons. I wanted something robust and that I don't have to worry about warpage leaving it in the back window of my truck.

Besides, with the pg a bit farther forward, you naturally pull back putting the bulk of the weight into your shoulder instead of struggling to hold the heavy forend up like a regular long weapon. I've shot a 10rnd mag single handed and was only slightly slow to get back on target. Honestly, once shouldered, you don't notice the weight. And its still lighter than an M60, lol.

Edited by BpS12