Wow the Kushnapup fad came and went fast

weird because I am seeing lots of videos of it on you tube and about every low end siaga 12 accessory on ebay listed as kushnapup compatible. I figure most of the people on the forum who were interested have dug in and found out what they want to know. The general public interest is just starting to spike. Also it is in a couple of video games according to internet movie firearm database. I at least one of the games the firearm is just called a kushnapup, without mention of saiga 12 at all. Therefore there are a bunch of people hearing of the Kushnapup before they have heard of an S12.

For myself, it still holds some interest, but I think I could make something to my own liking for much less similar to what another member did with an 7.62 saiga. I would rather have the CRBP Spike now that most of the needless bulk has been eliminated. IMO if the cost dropped to $120 and I had another saiga to convert, I'd take any of the options and give it a try. The compactness and ability to shoulder is a big plus for WA residents who want a bedside gun.

• Like 1

Just because its not talked about does not mean they aren't being sold.

Like my Saiga .308 mags got talked about here a lot and we had only sold the first hundred or so... Now they are almost never talked about but I'm selling more then ever. Go figure.

Honestly most of my customers just read the forums they never post on them. Many of my customers don't even own a computer, they order them through a gunshop who then orders from my website.. So product popularity and forum popularity are not always the same.

ps if you ever have a online store you see all kinds of odd trends. Like I had a week where every single order was from someone with Steven for their first name... Figure that out.

• Like 1

I like mine. I just wish it was easier to clean and had better access to the gas plug.

I would agree with Kdog, I love my Kush, blast to shoot and for a shot gun, very little recoil. Cleaning is a bit of a pain, but beyond that, it is a keeper.

Mike V.

CLEANING?!?!?!?!

Who the fuck CLEANS an S12?!?!?! :lol:

I have NEVER cleaned my S12 and that was long before I kpupped it... Its an AK... it doesnt need much cleaning...

The only thing I have cleaned on my OTHER S12 was in front of the puck when I blew off the insert for my ORIGINAL proto CQC, and while the lower unit was off, I tapped the schwag out before installing the replacement CQC...

By the way... THANKS CAMERON!!!!! You are the man!!!!! 032.gif

000.gif

lolz, amen to the cleaning... puck willl fill up, but everythign else could prob be done thru magwell....

and why they were talked aboot is the nervous energy concept. everyone was concerned with IF they would come out... now that they are out, nothing more to say really....

not bustin yer hump btw, just as i sees it

My range doesn't allow shot, so during business hours or letting others shoot her there I have to use slugs. Now that it's coolin off and I don't feel like I wanna go home and die, I've been staying after I clock out and shooting shot behind the police range. The first time I tried that I couldn't get three shots off without a failure. The gas system had become so fouled up with lead that I had to remove the gas block and drive the puck out with a punch and hammer. Cleaning vs. not cleaning can be a subjective argument. I won't be getting a kpup because I'm southpaw, but if I weren't I probably wouldn't get one anyway because I do need to clean more often than most.

spelling edit

Edited by Goose
  • Like 1