Rock Solid Industries scope mount on mosin nagant

Hey guys, been a while since I posted, but I have a question I figured yall may be able to help out with. I'm upgrading a friends Mosin Nagant and went with the rock solid mount, but my friend insisted on a PoSP scope that unfortunately is too small from bracket to bracket to cross over the hole.

Anyway for some dimensions, the total length of the mounts rail is 6 inches, the hole is 2 and 5/8ths inches. The distance from the back indent to the first of the front is 4 inches and 5 to the second. The scope is 2.5 inches from tightening screw to tightening screw.

I guess what I'm looking for is some short of extension/adapter/riser that can sit on top of the current heavy weaver rail and bridge the gap so I can attach the scope and still mantain a solid mount. Any recommendations?

And here's some pictures

Mosin1_zps5572b508.jpg

mosin2_zpsfe77868b.jpg

Mosin3_zps4ee5ce4f.jpg

hate to bump this but pretty desperate for a reply- Rock solid industries responded to tell me that this is a known issue but they don't know of any solution. There has to be a riser or something out there with appropriate dimensions.. My go to is YTM but I don't think they have anything in the appropriate size

Volkov,

It is hard to tell from the pics, but is there any reason you can't mount a standard picatinny or weaver rail piece cut to length right on top to bridge the gap? You can use the existing two screws in the front to mount it ( may have to go with slightly longer ones and the drill and tap one at the rear. The only considerations would be whether it interfered with the bolt handle travel, and it would add an additional 3/8" height above the bore. But looking at the pic the existing mount already sits fairly high. Just a thought.

WOW I can't believe I didn't think of that, that's a fantastic idea. I don't want to do it unless I have to because the mount costs more than the rifle and I'm not confident in my tapping skills (I had a gunsmith drill and tap for the mount because I don't want to risk messing up a rifle that isn't mine).. But I definately will try if I can't find a good riser. Btw as far as I can tell the hole in the mount is completly pointless with the bolt I have on it so clearance.