De-convert from pistol grip to monte carlo style?

I've got a converted saiga, but I think I want to de-convert it and go featureless. The trigger has been moved forward, and feels really good, so I'd like to find some sort of monte-carlo style stock that is designed for that. Something like the Tygr-ver 3 dragunov here

I couldn't find anything with the google. Any leads on where I could buy something? Or do I have to try to make it myself?

I dunno about Cali, but I believe imported thumbhole stocks count just as a stock. If you add one its a stock + pistol grip. So, your best bet may be buying a VEPR or similar.

EDIT: OK, from what I can figure, ATF considers thumbhole stocks as a 'sporting' feature. However many individual state laws consider them the same as pistol grips. A cursory examination indicates Cali is one of these.

Edited by mostholycerebus

If you look up 'california featureless' you will find that any thumbhole stock is considered a 'feature'. Looking at a few vendors, they wont ship thumbhole VEPRs to cali. So, I assume this means that thumbhole stocks arent allowed in Cali unless you have the fixed mag.

Atlantic has cali-legal AK's

Edited by mostholycerebus

+1 for selling and starting over. You now have increased the value of your rifle by convirting it. Put it on consignment and play with something else until it sells, which it definately will. Buy a new one. Do what you can to polish the crappy FCG up on the stock Saiga.

Unfortunately, with the trigger in the forward position, there is no stock set that I know of that is Cali legal and will allow you to reach the trigger with anything close to a normal grip {while using detachable mags}. Your other option is a 'featureless' kydex grip fin. Either way, unless you move the trigger back or buy a new Saiga, you will never be able to legally own it in Cali without the bullet button and still have someplace to put your thumb.

Edited by logartist

If you look up 'california featureless' you will find that any thumbhole stock is considered a 'feature'. Looking at a few vendors, they wont ship thumbhole VEPRs to cali. So, I assume this means that thumbhole stocks arent allowed in Cali unless you have the fixed mag.

Atlantic has cali-legal AK's

You are partly correct. However just because a vendor does not sell a product to a certian state, does not implicate a law. For example : Sportsmans guide will not sell a tool for an AR15 to a CA resident....mind you there are a shit ton of AR's sold in CA legally! It is just a tool for the gun not a firearm! Some companies choose to not sell a product rather than research the laws and make $! They want the "play it safe" method instead of do it legal and make $..

Thumbhole stocks are perfectly legal in CA....I have a few! The gun and configuration are the difference.

Op, I am not sure of your desire to put the gun back to "as imported" configuration! You can go featureless, by adding the gripfin or a similar product. That will give you the means to drop mags freely and use your previously owned high cap mags in the rifle.(assuming you owned the prior to 2000) otherwise in CA you wold be violating CA law! Be carefull!

Edited by Bigtwin

You are partly correct.

Hell, I may be completely wrong! Which means, as we know, onus is on the owner living in Cali to do his homework rather than rely on some forum 'gurus'. He's the one gonna do the time.

You are correct! I was simply stating the just bacause a vendor does not sell to a particular(fucked up) state does not mean "illegal", just means the vendor does not want to look into a particular states laws.

You are also correct it is up the the end user to learn/understand laws of the state they reside in! I do not give my advise as a Lawyer, just as an educated person in my home state.

In Ca you can have many things some folks believe "illegal"...You just have to understand the laws. I know it is not easy, and do not bash folks that choose not to deal with Ca.(it is their right as a company), I just choose th do business with those that choose to understand the laws and believe it is every American's right to keep and bear arms!

I DO NOT want to see any American firearm owner arrested in violation of the law, should they choose to read and understand it!

Edited by Bigtwin

What? Just take the pistol grip off and call it a day.

OR better yet, does it still have the 2 rear rivet holes on the sides of the receiver? Does it have the old trigger hole as well? Just get all the OEM parts from a conversion and move the trigger back.

I dont understand what the problem is.

P.S. make sure to put as much tapco and rails on it as possible when you're done.

Edited by Agent Lemon