TWS notched front sight.....

anyone know where to find info on the mounting bracket on the texas weapons dogleg rail? sometime ago someone came up with a new bracket that had the notched blade for the rear sight (similar to the factory sight blade) built in which replaced the original mounting bracket on the RSB. it was to replace the rear peep sight as that was the only option back then for any kind of sights other than optics.

i've searched the net until i can't take it no more.....i give up!! anybody got a lead on this or did this just pop up in my head one night, seemed like there was info on ar15.com at one time but can't find shit over there either. hope i've described it right to where someone can understand what i'm talking about.

sorry so long winded but would appreciate the help. just thinking outside the box when the red dot goes south.

Edited by adjc
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought mine from Suarez, but he doesn't appear to list it anymore. I saw it for sale someplace else too, but I forgot where. You could always call TWS and ask for one, too. While you are at it, ask them why they haven't updated their website to show ALL of their products.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

The TWS gen 2 has a notched rear sight that is built into the mount that inserts where the rear sight leaf used to be. It's actually about the same size the original rear sight. The AKARS also has a notched sight but it's so wide that the only thing I can see it being good for is CQB. It's as wide as the front sight ears.

AKARS

AKARS_Irons.JPG

Z

• Like 1