Thought I would throw up a couple of pics and initial impressions of the PAP M92 AK Pistol

P1000951.jpg

It came very well packaged with foam insulation top and bottom. My pistol came with one mag and cleaning rod. J&G has a lower price but also only includes one 30 rd mag. Most other sites are offering them with two.

The fit and finish is better on this pistol than any other factory AK finish that I have seen. The rear sight flips between 200M and 400M, which I found a little amusing. I hope someday I can hit something 400M away with a 10" pistol. smile.png The front sight also has an alternate flip up white dot sight apart from the standard iron sight. The hinged rail locks down solid. Maybe not quite as solid as my TWS rail. There is an ever so sight movement from side to side when trying hard to get it to move. A couple of things that alot have questioned:

The receiver is not stamped out of thicker metal. It is 1mm according to my calipers.

The thread under the muzzle cover is 26 mm. The muzzle protector is tack welded on in one spot. Should take about a second to remove.

Like other yugos, this does not have a chromed lined barrel.

P1000953.jpg

The mag supplied with it looks brand new. The serial number is stamped on the receiver, bolt carrier, and bolt. The wood is in perfect shape, but is dirty and needs to be sealed. I will refinish it initially while I decide what furniture it will wear permanently.

P1000956.jpg

Overall it is a sweet little pistol and I prefer it over the dracos that I have handled. As has been said before, it is a perfect SBR candidate. If it had a chromed lined barrel it would be perfect. I will try to get some better pictures of some of the details on the gun., and will give a range report after shooting it this weekend.

• Like 3
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK these are a little better.  Still not 100% satisfied with the pics.   M92 PAP Midwest quadrail Ergo grip (requires modification due to bolt angle) ACE skeleton stock 7.5" w buttpad ACE pushbu

I have the M92 UF parts sitting in a box for some day, but the brace can follow me to Oregon, Idaho, and Montana to visit family & friends without asking permission from the ATF. One screw and it

Thought I would throw up a couple of pics and initial impressions of the PAP M92 AK Pistol     It came very well packaged with foam insulation top and bottom. My pistol came with one mag and clea

Posted Images

That thing is schweet, nice pick up.

So many nice ways to outfit that toy.

My lgs had one today almost bought it just dont know yet. They wanted $629. If only it didnt take so long to get a stamp I wouldnt have left with out it.

Why do you need a stamp for a pistol? Buy it, send off the application and extortion fee, enjoy the pistol while the stamp processes.

"...how much did you pay?"

He implied he bought it from J&G, their price is $550.00. Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

Salt, mine was $549. If I could have found one local for $500, I would have jumped on it in a heartbeat. I took a gamble. I missed out when I thought mini dracos were the ugliest thing since the Pontiac Aztec, and only $299. CAI may flood the market with these and drive the price way down, or Obama might be re-elected and enact further gun control legislation that will make importing these impossible. Either way I got it and am going to enjoy as a pistol until my tax stamp comes back and I can SBR it. Current market though 500 bucks is a good deal.

Just noticed the BHO in the selector.

That's a very clean looking gun.

A chrome barrel is nice but... you won't notice a difference for about 4000+ rounds and only while your shooting at targets 400 meters away ;).

I have a Davis .32, with no rifling left, that still hits the bullseye at 20 feet.

Enjoy!

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

After doing some research before hand I knew they did not have a chromed line barrel. It wasn't a deal killer for me, I'll just take a little more care when cleaning. I haven't seen a whole lot out there for these yet other than the Krinkov build kits. Most of the sites with 26mm brakes are out of stock. Assuming because of the first batch of imports. I am confident that these will continue to sell well as long as CAI continues to import them. As more come in, the demand for parts and accessories will rise and manufacturers will fill the niche with products.

any of you fucks ever wear out a chrome lined barrel in 7.62x39? i want pics of your smooth bores or all this is bullshit

screw you Hammer it was a valid question/concern!

*defiles AK even more now* tongue.png

Valid question for sure. But, the barrel is so short cleaning it should be really easy. It's like a snub nose AK.

any of you fucks ever wear out a chrome lined barrel in 7.62x39? i want pics of your smooth bores or all this is bullshit

screw you Hammer it was a valid question/concern!

*defiles AK even more now* tongue.png

Valid question for sure. But, the barrel is so short cleaning it should be really easy. It's like a snub nose AK.

Thanksfor the clarification Lib - r - Death :)

Hammer gave me crap in chat about it lol

• 5 weeks later...

I like the M85 too. I hear it is easier to control than the M92 and I have plenty of 5.56 ammo. My only concern is the availabilty of 5.56 mags that fit. Any reviews of the M85 would be appreciated. I have only seen reviews on the M92. They are definately a cheaper way to go if you plan on SBR'ing!

I picked up my M92 yesterday and already installed the detent pin and booster from CNC Warrior. I cleaned up the trigger with a bit of polishing (a nice Tapco G2 double hook). It now has a smooth pull and crisp break. I'll post up a few pics in a bit.

The M85... I got to look over, disassemble, play with the one at my LGS. I'm still Torn as whether or not to buy it.

It looks to have had about a magazine ran through it from the factory. The dust cover edge by the ejection port is flared out a bit for some reason. And you can see little brass marks where the cases hit the dust cover. It looks like its throwing brass back instead of out and was adjusted.

Fit and finish are on par with the M92 that I got. The M85 has a 1.5mm RPK receiver and front trunnion so it's a bit heavier. It comes with one plastic galil magazine. If I buy it, I'll buy steel surplus galil mags for it.

• 3 months later...

Zombie thread!!! horror.gif

My wood looked like ass so I refinished it. Then added the 4-piece brake and ergo grip.

Midwest Industries quad rail is on order. Vortex SPARC soon to follow.

The ACE folder is waiting to be installed and the Form 1 will be on it's way this week.

post-4831-0-39839100-1361840371_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-44951600-1361840384_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus
I dunno about value, but for usefullness, I would prefer one with a stock to one without. If you are going to SBR or pup it, then the PAP is pretty cool.

I will sbr for sure. It is made in Serbia. From what I understand a very quality build. Double stacked mags. Really didn't know much about them before today

Well, here is my impression of the one I got to try a week or two ago.

1: Overall build quality very good.

+ I liked the quality of the wood foregrip, the PG was only OK.

- Lousy trigger but no slap: long rough, stacking feel, vague break point. definitely would want to replace that.

- safety looks and feels chintzy, kinda brings down the overall good looks

-supplied plastic magazine fed reliably but felt very flimsy by plastic mag standards.

2: Features: Pretty good

+flip up night sights are a big plus

+easy remove thread blocker

3 shootability

+ recoil moderate as expected

+ Accurate at the pistol ranges, but very clumsy to aim, SBR would fix this for sure.

+ no malfunctions with any of the various mags.

+ noise & blast for the shooter was no big deal, being nearby was very loud and concussive.

4 unknowns

? is the bore concentric to the barrel - a supressor or some US thread type brakes might be desriable.

? Is it picky about ammo for accuracy?

? Does it stabilze bullets well? i.e. keyholing or potential baffle strikes.

Edited by GunFun