Does anyone know for sure if we can SBR the PAP's?

The process of "sbr-ing" a pistol or rifle, by definition, creates a new weapon, and the old pistol/rifle is gone. They have never given any indication of caring what donor weapon is used to build the sbr,

But if you're concerned, here's 2 sbrs built on M92 PAPs.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK these are a little better.  Still not 100% satisfied with the pics.   M92 PAP Midwest quadrail Ergo grip (requires modification due to bolt angle) ACE skeleton stock 7.5" w buttpad ACE pushbu

I have the M92 UF parts sitting in a box for some day, but the brace can follow me to Oregon, Idaho, and Montana to visit family & friends without asking permission from the ATF. One screw and it

Thought I would throw up a couple of pics and initial impressions of the PAP M92 AK Pistol     It came very well packaged with foam insulation top and bottom. My pistol came with one mag and clea

Posted Images

Why is that thing throwing flames all over the place like that?!?!

I should have been more specific. I want to know if we can attach an under folder without breaking the rules, I know a lot of people are concerned.

If you do a Form 1 and get your stamp you can use any kind of stock you want. If you put a stock on without the stamp, you definitely should be concerned. Although you can put on a folding stock if it's permanently closed.

Rifle calibers in short barrels are always flame throwers. A good flash suppressor can help with that.

FYI, I did some digging and there is some concern about the location of the serial number apparently being too close to the rear trunnion, at least on the early import models. This could be problematic for SBR purposes.

Where are Yall's serials located?

Why is that thing throwing flames all over the place like that?!?!

Secondary incendiary effects are an added bonus!

FYI, I did some digging and there is some concern about the location of the serial number apparently being too close to the rear trunnion, at least on the early import models. This could be problematic for SBR purposes.

Where are Yall's serials located?

post-4831-0-97568800-1362063936_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And now with 50% more evil.

Midwest quad rail and magpul afg.

post-4831-0-28443400-1364360692_thumb.jpg

Stock still isn't mounted. Stamp should be here before Christmas.

Edited by Darth Saigus
I really want to do this to mine, but have never messed with NFA stuff before.

Looks really good though.

Well this is my first nfa. I never wanted to mess with it. Still don't. But I've wanted a quality compact AK for many years and finally decided what the hell.

I would never have bought an AK pistol except to make an sbr.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

hey darth

i have one of these and pistol grip screw is not budging. am i missing something here or do i need to let the liquid wrench work some more?

also did you just drill and tap the rear trunnion for the stock?

thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

Resurrection time!!!

I got mine last week. Did a little fluff-n-buff on the trigger/hammer/carrier. One thing I noticed was feeding HP. I have a bunch of 8M3 Effect I keep for HD duty. It would smash the tip pretty bad. I noticed my Saiga had an M4-style ramp cut back into the chamber. I went for the mild throat job with a pink Dremel ball rock. After about 30 minutes of that, I polished it mirror-bright with Harley Metal-brite. Now, I can ride the carrier down and it will feed HP flawless. I'll post a pic of the job in a bit.

Edited by Lone Eagle
  • Like 1

I have noticed on HP it does ding the tip a little. But it feeds Hornady SST without damaging the polymer tip.

I look forward to seeing what you've done.

BTW, my stamp should be here next month and I'm starting to really get anxious.

Edited by Darth Saigus

I.am.so.friggin.JEALOUS! Lol, i hope you get your stamp soon. I want to get one and sbr it but finances are a bit tied up atm...grr. lemme know how she performs w the stock added, your mockup is almost exactly what i wanna do to one.

I prefer mine in the original pistol form.

Not to be contrary, but the original form of the M92 was not a pistol. wink.png

What I'm doing is not converting it to something it wasn't, but restoring it to something it was. Minus the 3rd hole, plus a few "improvements". biggrin.png

post-4831-0-62245000-1376497143_thumb.jpg

And let me state again that the trunion is not drilled and tapped for the stock yet.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

What I'm doing is not converting it to something it wasn't, but restoring it to something it was. Minus the 3rd hole, plus a few "improvements". biggrin.png

attachicon.gifgallery_4831_950_96874.jpg

where did you get the folder stock ?

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

attachicon.gifgallery_4831_950_96874.jpg

where did you get the folder stock ?

ACE 7.5" skeleton stock with ACE pushbutton folding mechanism, both from MAA.

I like how that one attaches from the back of the receiver.

Some I have seen attach in between the receiver and the grip which

I dont like because it lowers the grip too far down.

I have me a quad rail foreguard coming soon, I am going to put a folding vertical grip on mine

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH
  • Like 1

I like how that one attaches from the back of the receiver.

Some I have seen attach in between the receiver and the grip which

I dont like because it lowers the grip too far down.

I have me a quad rail foreguard coming soon, I am going to put a folding vertical grip on mine

Before you decide to do that, take a look at this letter from the ATF. http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2006/04/041006-openletter-nfa-adding-vertical-fore-grip.html

Specifically these 2 paragraphs:

ATF has long held that by installing a vertical fore grip on a handgun, the handgun is no longer designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand. Therefore, if individuals install a vertical fore grip on a handgun, they are “making” a firearm requiring registration with ATF’s NFA Branch. Making an unregistered “AOW” is punishable by a fine and 10 years’ imprisonment. Additionally, possession of an unregistered “AOW” is also punishable by fine and 10 years’ imprisonment.

To lawfully add a vertical fore grip to a handgun, a person must make an appropriate application on ATF Form 1, “Application to Make and Register a Firearm.” The applicant must submit the completed form, along with a fingerprint card bearing the applicant’s fingerprints; a photograph; and $200.00. The application will be reviewed by the NFA Branch. If the applicant is not prohibited from possessing a firearm under Federal, State, or local law, and possession of an “AOW” is not prohibited in the applicant’s State of residence, the form will be approved. Only then may the person add a vertical fore grip to the designated handgun.

Edited by Darth Saigus

aww fuck, ya just cant win.

So a vertical foregrip is illegal, but the thing you have is ok?

who the hell shoots their m92 one handed anyways.

ATF are some nitpicking fucks.

Yes the AFG is OK.

Why is AFG grip ok? you are still using 2 hands? anyways

Thank for the heads up, I wouldn't want to go to jail for 10 years for adding a little plastic grip to my gun.

Is the ATF form 1 the same form you use to SBR your gun? If you get this form approved is it ok for the

vertical fore grip and folding stock then, or is that 2 separate things?

I really don't want to put a stock on it but I do want a vertical grip.

Edited by SHOTGUN MESIAH

Keep in mind that the VFG is only an illegal AOW if the OAL is under 26". ATF currently considers anything over 26" to be not concealable. If the OAL is over 26" and you add a VFG you have created a "firearm" by ATFs definition; not a rifle (defined as having a stock), nor a pistol (defined as under 26"). To do this on the PAP though, you may need to pin a long muzzle device.

Or, yeah, just use the AFG.

I guess by SBRing the gun it turns it into a rifle therefore making it legal to put a vertical grip on it.

Serbu makes the super shorty with a vertical grip and classifies it as a AOW. What perplexes me is how

they get away with a 6.5" barrel on a shotgun because it is not classified as a pistol.