• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK these are a little better.  Still not 100% satisfied with the pics.   M92 PAP Midwest quadrail Ergo grip (requires modification due to bolt angle) ACE skeleton stock 7.5" w buttpad ACE pushbu

I have the M92 UF parts sitting in a box for some day, but the brace can follow me to Oregon, Idaho, and Montana to visit family & friends without asking permission from the ATF. One screw and it

Thought I would throw up a couple of pics and initial impressions of the PAP M92 AK Pistol     It came very well packaged with foam insulation top and bottom. My pistol came with one mag and clea

Posted Images

Yes, forgot to mention that if a weapon came with a stock, it cannot be a pistol or AOW.

No, the rules don't make any sense and it's very easy to break them without knowing it.

For instance a guy I used to work with cut the stock off his single shot 12ga. He had no idea he had made an illegal sbs. He thought that because the barrel was still 18" it was ok. But the overall length was only 25" and therefore illegal if not registered. He bought another stock and cut it long enough to make the overall length legal.

This discussion has turned from the M92 to the NFA. beaten.gif

What really boggles my mind is that the ATF does not allow the VFG because you would be using 2 hands on a pistol,

but the AFG is considered ok????? correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you still using 2 hands with the AFG as well.

I mean really, it makes NO Freaking sense.wacko.pngblink.png010.gif

There are over 10,000 federal laws. If you include regulations that are not technically laws but have the force of law, it's over 20,000. And they're adding more all the time.

I figure they ran out of laws that made sense a long time ago. They're down to making laws about what time of day you can put air in your tires, with the dems claiming you can only do it between 9PM and 4AM, the repubs saying it should be allowed all day on weekends, the green party shouting it shouldn't be allowed at all, and the libertarians saying we should be allowed to shoot heroin while we air up our tires.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I picked mine up on tuesday and cleaned her up, got to shoot it yesterday. The sight post is already moved left pretty dang far, and at 15-20yds aiming at a big 100yd sight in target it was hitting roughly 8in low and 8in right. Guess its goin to a smith because ive heard too many nightmare stories dealing w centurys customer service, and i dont think i can get rid of the cant the proper way on my own. Kinda bummed out. :/

What really boggles my mind is that the ATF does not allow the VFG because you would be using 2 hands on a pistol,

but the AFG is considered ok????? correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you still using 2 hands with the AFG as well.

I mean really, it makes NO Freaking sense.wacko.pngblink.png010.gif

It's feel good horse shit. It really pissed off the target shooters who were using the buckmark target and were then told thier pistol was in a gray area. The NRA disallowed it into competition because a dicked up atf finding.

A vfg is most often horse shit anyway.

Good news! I got to looking at my rear sight on the pap and noticed it (the part that flips) was pushed up against the side pretty far, took a small screwdriver n wedged it in and pushed it back in the opposite direction. Went back to re-zero, and ill be damned if the sight post isnt pretty close to being centered between the ears! :D action is a lil rough but i can smooth that out, i must say im quite pleased w the results at 20yds! It still shocks me that the little bit i moved that rear sight, the front changed so drastically!

• Like 1

I did not either, but for that, i am thankful and extremely happy! Next up is modding the barrel 'throat' to eat hp or sp without ripping up the bullet. I really hope i get this shit right i get nervous about messing w that part of a gun. Lets hope lone eagles tutorial will get me through it. He did a real thorough job explaining it, i just hope i can do it right.

Ok so outta curiosity why did ramming a flat head screw driver into the rear sight and forcing if opposite direction work so well? I mean literally it moved the front sight post from the far left to just a hair left of dead in between the ears?

Absolutely no idea. If you're more than a few feet from the target the sights will move poi the same. (If you're only 2 feet from the target, the rear will move the poi more.)

But if it worked for ya, call it good.

On my M92 the rear leaf is all the way left but if I try to move it right it just springs back. Not that I care. I can't use those sights anyway.

Edited by Darth Saigus

These were 15-20 yard shots btw. No sling either. Was consistently hitting 8in low and 8in right. After the screwdriver to the rear sight i could get the front sight back to close to centered. Was consistent in getting decent groups then at those distances...did i bend the whole receiver cover or something?

• 1 month later...

bringin back this thread.

I just ordered an M92 from Atlantic. J&G had them for $75 less, but Atlantic carries the more recent M92 models, which have the serial on the forward section of the receiver. they also include the muzzle device detent hardware and do NOT have the welded thread cap. they appear to include Zastava factory bell booster as well.

serial location is important because I would like to underfold it eventually when WA legalizes SBRs.

really looking forward to getting it. I considered getting an M85, but am wary of the performance of 5.56 out of such a short barrel. I also already have a lot of 20, 10, and 5 round 7.62 mags.

for those worried about chrome lining - Zastava barrels are all hammer forged. they will last a long time, unless I suppose you shoot a shit ton of Yugo M67 through it and do not clean.

in hindsight I'm glad I never bought a Draco. the M92 is a "real" Krink for the same price.

Edited by mancat

You got an awesome deal compared to when I purchased mine pre panic Mancat. I look forward to seeing your review of the latest imports. It would appear that there are a lot of extras and the serial number relocation makes it perfect for the underfolder. Still enjoy the heck out of mine. Congrats.

really looking forward to getting it. I considered getting an M85, but am wary of the performance of 5.56 out of such a short barrel.

wary? I have a HK53 SBR,   the barrel on that is even shorter then on the 85 (8 inch vs 10) both have the same rifle twist 1/9 and I can put holes in the center of a man size silhouette target at 100 yards.

serial location is important because I would like to underfold it eventually when WA legalizes SBRs.

why on earth would the location  matter at all if you SBR it?  

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

really looking forward to getting it. I considered getting an M85, but am wary of the performance of 5.56 out of such a short barrel.

wary? I have a HK53 SBR,   the barrel on that is even shorter then on the 85 (8 inch vs 10) both have the same rifle twist 1/9 and I can put holes in the center of a man size silhouette target at 100 yards.

why on earth would the location  matter at all if you SBR it?  

Glad your 5.56 SBR worked out.. I haven't always read of the same results from others. I read a few complaints specifically about the M85 keyholing with 55gr.

The serial location matters because the M92 originally had a serial exactly where the underfolder pivot hinge goes. Since I want to underfold mine, this is a problem because A) I thought about underfolding it anyway and attaching a permanent barrel extension until I SBR it, but this would obliterate the factory serial, and B ) I'm still not clear if you're "allowed" to obliterate a receiver serial number when creating a new SBR.

Edited by mancat

The serial location matters because the M92 originally had a serial exactly where the underfolder pivot hinge goes. Since I want to underfold mine, this is a problem because A) I thought about underfolding it anyway and attaching a permanent barrel extension until I SBR it, but this would obliterate the factory serial,

they  put the serial number there? that is weird, every foreign made AK I have seen, and the ones I own the serial numbers are  on the front trunnion. guess the Yugoslavians want to be different

and B ) I'm still not clear if you're "allowed" to obliterate a receiver serial number when creating a new SBR.

you aren't allowed to obliterate, (destroy utterly; wipe out, which is what obliterate means,) a SN at all, be it a SBR or title 1 firearm. now, that doesn't mean that if the stock  covers it when it's folded  is  obviated.  my VECTOR made HK 53 has the SN located on the top of the receiver where the  scope mount covers it, that can't be helped, but if I needed to, I can take that mount off.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

The issue with short barrels and the 556 isn't accuracy.  It's terminal performance.  The 556 has a high case volume to bullet diameter ratio, leading to dramatic velocity loss through short barrels.  Tiny bullets need velocity to do their job so velocity loss means energy loss, squared.

The 7.62x39 is somewhere between a rifle cartridge and a pistol cartridge in design.  It has a much lower case volume to bullet diameter ratio than most rifle cartridges.  It suffers substantially less energy loss through short barrels as a result.

Witness:

10"  556 62gr 2600fps 931ft/lb

10"  x39 124gr 2200fps 1330ft/lb

Edited by Darth Saigus

Been awhile since i posted on my m92, but i got mine from j&g and for what its worth, it too had the serial # on the left front of the receiver. However, no detent pin or booster. So, i bought those and installed and the damndest thing happened. Without the booster i had it zeroed decently with the front sight post just a little left of center. With the booster on it put my front sight post right the hell back where it was, waaay left of center. Im contemplating getting a smith to straighten it out a little, i really dont think ill be using it without the booster.

I take back almost all of my desires to underfold the M92 after seeing this thread on AKFiles:

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148636

Turns out that the M92 receiver is already properly cut at the correct angle at the rear for the sidefolder trunnion - which is a nice touch.

gaaaahhh deleted

Edited by mancat

If the stock is fixed in the closed position and the folding grip is fixed folded, and cannot easily be converted to open, then you're good.

That's how the PPSH "pistols" are being imported. Over folder is pinned or welded or something in the closed position, making the most awkward pistol ever since the tec-9