I take back almost all of my desires to underfold the M92 after seeing this thread on AKFiles:

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148636

Turns out that the M92 receiver is already properly cut at the correct angle at the rear for the sidefolder trunnion - which is a nice touch.

The side folder is da shitz.

• Like 1
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK these are a little better.  Still not 100% satisfied with the pics.   M92 PAP Midwest quadrail Ergo grip (requires modification due to bolt angle) ACE skeleton stock 7.5" w buttpad ACE pushbu

I have the M92 UF parts sitting in a box for some day, but the brace can follow me to Oregon, Idaho, and Montana to visit family & friends without asking permission from the ATF. One screw and it

Thought I would throw up a couple of pics and initial impressions of the PAP M92 AK Pistol     It came very well packaged with foam insulation top and bottom. My pistol came with one mag and clea

Posted Images

If the stock is fixed in the closed position and the folding grip is fixed folded, and cannot easily be converted to open, then you're good.

That's how the PPSH "pistols" are being imported. Over folder is pinned or welded or something in the closed position, making the most awkward pistol ever since the tec-9

The actual stock release button on the actual PPS, not PPSH (different animal) protrudes through the top cover and the hole in the top cover is the same size as the button to allow it to be pressed in enough to release the stock. On the imported pistols, at least my PPS-43C, the button protrudes farther and the head is larger to prevent such movement to release the stock. The release button/pin is internally tack welded to the locking mechanism. A simple grind of the weld, drill the receiver cover bigger, then re-tack the pin to the internal mechanism with a welder is all that is needed to SBR it as well as a stamp and some U.S. parts to get you into 922R compliance. I'm in the middle of such a project. Awaiting a FCG and a stamp. Already installed a U.S. 9mm barrel for one part.

Sorry for the derail from the PAP subject. Just make sure you guys count parts as 922R applies to a SBR PAP or Draco.

Edited by MT Predator
  • Like 1

Anyone interested in sidefolding their M92, check out this awesome step by step guide on AKfiles that covers installation of the now-available reproduction Bulgarian sidefolder kits from AKBuilder:

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164375

That sounds like a lot of fun. These stamp bait pistols seem to exist just to taunt the upper left corner of the lower 48.

I have been following SBR law progress on WAguns and NWFirearms.. There is a very high chance that we in WA will see an SBR/SBS bill heard this coming year. If anything like the suppressor issue, it should get passed fairly easily.

I'm actually optimistic enough about it that I've considered filing a Form 1 in advance of the law actually being changed - I've asked around and nobody seems to be able to figure out if it's actually against the law to have a Form 1 approved as a WA resident, but that the actual construction and posession of the NFA item is what is not permitted at this time.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

OK these are a little better.  Still not 100% satisfied with the pics.

M92 PAP

Midwest quadrail

Ergo grip (requires modification due to bolt angle)

ACE skeleton stock 7.5" w buttpad

ACE pushbutton folding mechanism

Tapco G2 trigger group

CNC Warrior 4-piece brake

Vortex Sparc sight

Magpul AFG

ACE CR Cheek Riser

Weight 9lb with an empty steel mag

Length 30" open, 21.5" closed

post-4831-0-72511900-1389319232_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-19937200-1389319246_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-19776400-1389319257_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 5

+1 rifle looks great and pics are cool.  Background is more interesting than the plain one in other pics, good matching color scheme too.  You holding it shows scale very well on the SBR. 

Get a chance to run it with the stock on yet?

M92 PAP

Midwest quadrail

Tapco G2 trigger group

Vortex Sparc sight

Magpul AFG

ACE CR Cheek Riser

attachicon.gifPit Bull 1.jpg

attachicon.gifPit Bull 2.jpg

attachicon.gif4.jpg

Saigus...  If you don't quit posting pics of this fuckin thing, you're gonna cost me money that I don't fuckin have right now, then a 9+ month wait for a fuckin stupid stamp.  Now quit posting fuckin pics of your fuckin sexy ass fukin gun.

• Like 1

M92 PAP

Midwest quadrail

Tapco G2 trigger group

Vortex Sparc sight

Magpul AFG

ACE CR Cheek Riser

attachicon.gif4.jpg

Saigus...  If you don't quit posting pics of this fuckin thing, you're gonna cost me money that I don't fuckin have right now, then a 9+ month wait for a fuckin stupid stamp.  Now quit posting fuckin pics of your fuckin sexy ass fukin gun.

I mean...yeah.

This thread has me considering selling my 7.62.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

M92 PAP

Midwest quadrail

Tapco G2 trigger group

Vortex Sparc sight

Magpul AFG

ACE CR Cheek Riser

attachicon.gif4.jpg

Ok ya douche nozzle.  You've put me over the edge.  I have two ordered and am will be calling the attorney tomorrow.  Why two?  My son bought one for himself and ME!  I'm playing another NFA game so I figure I may as well send away for the SBR on this.  Thanks Saigus. As if I didn't have enough going on now I have more parts and stamps and shit to buy.  I'mma copy yours though.  I love that gun.

WA state SBR bill passed initial review with no opposing testimony - looks like I might be using my UF parts soon!

Received my Stormwerz rail yesterday and wil be mounting it this week.. Will post up some install tips as I've figured out an easier install method than what is included with it.

I'mma copy yours though.  I love that gun.

Just don't copy the pit bull logo and we're cool. wink.png

Ha!  After paying for an attorney, two stamps, a can, all the mod parts for the SBR, and getting everything to finish the lower I have sitting here...  I don't think you need to worry about me coming up with the money to have it engraved.  You should be more concerned with me asking to crash at your place when the wifee gets tired of my gun budget and sends me on my way.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I took mine out last weekend, but it was too cold to enjoy anything but the fireball.  Took it out today and was only shooting around 30 yards and happily found that it was silly accurate with zero messing with the irons.  Form 1 can not come soon enough for this one.big_smile.gif

• Like 1

M92 PAP

Midwest quadrail

Tapco G2 trigger group

Vortex Sparc sight

Magpul AFG

ACE CR Cheek Riser

attachicon.gif4.jpg

DARTH

How did you attach your folder to the reciever? could you show some pictures of the inside where you attached it.

Thanks-

Edited by SHOTGUN MESSIAH

M92 PAP

Midwest quadrail

Tapco G2 trigger group

Vortex Sparc sight

Magpul AFG

ACE CR Cheek Riser

attachicon.gif4.jpg

DARTH

How did you attach your folder to the reciever? could you show some pictures of the inside where you attached it.

Thanks-

x2  I'd like to see that.  

Darth, Nice job. That's a great looking gun. 

I did a similar thing with my Draco but switched to plastic furniture up front and a TWS Dogleg Rail (to mount the optic further back) to balance the rifle out a little better. ..and as much as I like the look of the Bulgy Beer Can, I found that half pound of metal sitting at the tip of the barrel was not worth the weight.  

The M92 is shorter though. How does it handle?

Edited by Atomic Punk

It handles perfect.  It's exactly what I've always wanted in an AK.

My choice of the 4-piece brake is purely functional.  I almost didn't buy it because I didn't like the look of it.  But I bought it in spite of it's clunky appearance because it absolutely kills the flash from the 10" barrel.  It also tames the muzzle blast to something like a normal AK and reduces recoil.  To me the 4oz weight difference between that and something like the night brake is irrelevant.

The look did grow on me after I had it on for a while.

• 3 months later...

Update on my m92. I decided to give century arms a call to see if they would look into fixing the canted rear and front sight issue. It was under warranty so i sent it in about a month ago, got it back yesterday. The only thing they did was move the front sight post back to center and ship it back. On the repairs sheet they had written they 'adjusted' the front sight and the rear sight was 'unadjustable'. When i called to ask why they didnt fix the the sight cant i was allowed to talk to a smith, and they said that only one out of every 200-300 paps doesn't have canted sights and that fixing the rear sight would make them have to re finish the gun which they didnt wanna do. They offered to take it back in for repair (again) and emailed me a return authorization but at this point i highly doubt they will do anything of positive merit.

So what do yall think? Send it back in to century (again) or find someone local to fix it? I would add the 3rd option of live w the crooked ass sights but that kinda shit totally drives me bonkers lol.

Thanks guys.

L

The rear sight on mine was slightly canted right.  I simply locked it in a padded vise, opened the cover, grabbed it, then did the Hulk twist a few times.  Sight is now center and level, and front sight is where it should be.

Welp, finally got pissed off enough at my m92 to take matters into my own hands and took a mallet to the rear sight. Its shooting to p.o.a now, i just hope it stays that way permanently.i checked it at 20m/yds. Will try to more proficiently zero at 50m/yds soon. Guess the old addage of fixing aks w hammers has a bit of truth to it. :)

• Like 1