Got my m92 yesterday. Sure enough the rear sight is canted to the right and so the front post is all the way right also. If I'm guessing right, straightening the rear sight should lead to adjusting the front ones towards center. Debating if I should test fire first before installing the booster, or just instal it and go. Also noticed that the crappy little wire holding the fcg pins is substandard. I might as well order a new fcg and retaining plate right now. Will I have to reprofile the hammer on a tapco g2 or will it just drop in?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK these are a little better.  Still not 100% satisfied with the pics.   M92 PAP Midwest quadrail Ergo grip (requires modification due to bolt angle) ACE skeleton stock 7.5" w buttpad ACE pushbu

I have the M92 UF parts sitting in a box for some day, but the brace can follow me to Oregon, Idaho, and Montana to visit family & friends without asking permission from the ATF. One screw and it

Thought I would throw up a couple of pics and initial impressions of the PAP M92 AK Pistol     It came very well packaged with foam insulation top and bottom. My pistol came with one mag and clea

Posted Images

Welp, finally got pissed off enough at my m92 to take matters into my own hands and took a mallet to the rear sight. Its shooting to p.o.a now, i just hope it stays that way permanently.i checked it at 20m/yds. Will try to more proficiently zero at 50m/yds soon. Guess the old addage of fixing aks w hammers has a bit of truth to it. smile.png

Where and how did you hit the rear sights to correct the cant?  Need to do it to mine, but want to test fire first and make sure that the dude that put it together didn't just leave the front sight all the way to the right for shits and giggles.

Welp, finally got pissed off enough at my m92 to take matters into my own hands and took a mallet to the rear sight. Its shooting to p.o.a now, i just hope it stays that way permanently.i checked it at 20m/yds. Will try to more proficiently zero at 50m/yds soon. Guess the old addage of fixing aks w hammers has a bit of truth to it. :)

Where and how did you hit the rear sights to correct the cant?  Need to do it to mine, but want to test fire first and make sure that the dude that put it together didn't just leave the front sight all the way to the right for shits and giggles.

Well, my front sight was pushed all the way to the left if you are looking down it as if you were gonna fire it. So i centered the front sight where i wanted it, then took a rubber mallet and tried to hit the base of the rear sight without hitting the top cover. I started lightly, and that wasnt getting me anywhere, so i slowly worked up on intensity and stopped every three hits or so and set the receiver on a level block of wood on a table (also level) and checked the rear sight with...a level. When the bubble in the level was close to centered i took it out and shot a couple groups. So far, so good. Ive shot it a couple times, seems like its staying where i beat it. Lol

Sounds like a plan.  I'll grab a piece of wood and my rubber mallet this weekend and proceed to the range.  God willing it's a simple operation.  I was also wondering though, what about clasping the sight in one of those long adjustable clamp bars, and doing the same to the receiver, and then simply twist until the sight is leveled?  Anyone try that approach?

Just wanted to let you guys know that my rear sight cant was corrected using the method I previously described.  I made sure to wrap the rear sight in heavy cloth then I clamped it and the lower down.  Making sure I was holding the dust cover as firmly as I could, I proceeded to apply light pressure on the rear sight in the proper direction.  I would check using the bubble on my laser lever after every twist until the angle was corrected.  I then re-centered my front sight and used a laser to confirm that the sights were indeed aligned.  But of course, curiosity got the best of me and even though the sun had set, I decided to go to the ranch and try her out.  The only thing I have to say about this little demon is that she fires smooth as silk and the fireballs are MASSIVE!!! The wife and kids all wanted a go at it and they had one.  All agreed that the recoil is extremely light.  This is going to be one hell of a cool SBR project!

Here's a pic of her back home.

140606 0001

Just wanted to let you guys know that my rear sight cant was corrected using the method I previously described.  I made sure to wrap the rear sight in heavy cloth then I clamped it and the lower down.  Making sure I was holding the dust cover as firmly as I could, I proceeded to apply light pressure on the rear sight in the proper direction.  I would check using the bubble on my laser lever after every twist until the angle was corrected.  I then re-centered my front sight and used a laser to confirm that the sights were indeed aligned.  But of course, curiosity got the best of me and even though the sun had set, I decided to go to the ranch and try her out.  The only thing I have to say about this little demon is that she fires smooth as silk and the fireballs are MASSIVE!!! The wife and kids all wanted a go at it and they had one.  All agreed that the recoil is extremely light.  This is going to be one hell of a cool SBR project!

Here's a pic of her back home.

Good to hear.  I love mine.  I'm taking it out tomorrow to shoot the first time with a SB15 that I may or may not shoulder.horror.gif

• Like 1

Just wanted to share that I took the PAP out again today in the daylight.  The correction to the rear sight is perfect!!!  Right on target at 25 yards with absolutely no need for adjustments.  Overall very pleased with this little firearm.  Now I just have to decide if I SBR it with an AR collapsible stock, or side folding AK triangle stock.

Just wanted to share that I took the PAP out again today in the daylight.  The correction to the rear sight is perfect!!!  Right on target at 25 yards with absolutely no need for adjustments.  Overall very pleased with this little firearm.  Now I just have to decide if I SBR it with an AR collapsible stock, or side folding AK triangle stock.

While I have a stamp on the way for mine, I will never do it again as long as the Sig brace is around.

While I have a stamp on the way for mine, I will never do it again as long as the Sig brace is around.

Yeah the advantage of a folding stock isn't worth the government hoops any more.  The Pit Bull will be my only sbr. 

Yeah the advantage of a folding stock isn't worth the government hoops any more.  The Pit Bull will be my only sbr. 

Mine is a folder.  If you're talking collapsible I'm right there with you.  If I weren't so close to getting the stamp, I'd cancel it.

I tried shooting mine w the sb-47 brace today and got the trs-25 zeroed on it. I really like the way it handles with the brace now, and im actually kinda shocked at this things accuracy. I shot rested to zero the dot and at 80 yds i managed to get three holes touching on the bullseye on one group (the other two in the group opened it up to like 3in but still lol). So far im very impressed and if i had the cash id consider snagging another just to have layin around at their current price point. Now if only it werent so fucking loud! And if only it weren't so hard to suppress... I'd be very interested in getting this thing set up for a can.

There is something to be said about practically zero barrel whip with a 10" bbl. I have also read some comments from some who have experience with the M92 in Iraq, where it's pretty common, that it hangs just fine with full-size rifles at typical ranges.

I also put the Sb47 on mine a couple weeks back, and have a couple mods to the Sb47 in the works. Going to drill and tap it on the left side for a threaded swiveling sling stud, which will allow a left-side sling mount similar to the underfolding stock. I'm also considering drilling and tapping a section of the "forks" so that a long set screw can be threaded between them, resting against the riveted-in pistol grip nut, and also allowing the "forks" to be slightly pulled together for a tighter tension fit, thereby preventing the Sb47 from being pulled out. However I'm on the fence if that makes it a "permantly attached" stock - it would still come off as soon as the pistol grip is unscrewed.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a sling plate from StormWerks for my M92.  It features a six degree angle to compensate for the rear trunnion.  I figure it should be perfect for when I get my form 1 back and decide to add a stock.  Anyone familiar with this plate?

The SB15/47 is approved as-is.  As long as it's not modified we know we're good.  Best suggestion is not to modify it.

It would be very easy for them to make the case that any modifications constituted making it a stock.

Edited by Darth Saigus

Sounds like a plan.  I'll grab a piece of wood and my rubber mallet this weekend and proceed to the range.  God willing it's a simple operation.  I was also wondering though, what about clasping the sight in one of those long adjustable clamp bars, and doing the same to the receiver, and then simply twist until the sight is leveled?  Anyone try that approach?

Probably easier to be precise that way. I used to have to true up heavy machinery we were building. The other guys would try to nudge beams with fork lifts or heavy sledges. I found that clamps and turnbuckles were a lot easier to do small movements with. Screws > impact , but sometimes you build up a bunch of tension and when it breaks it makes a big jump. If that's how it wants to move, hammers are better.

There is something to be said about practically zero barrel whip with a 10" bbl. I have also read some comments from some who have experience with the M92 in Iraq, where it's pretty common, that it hangs just fine with full-size rifles at typical ranges.

I also put the Sb47 on mine a couple weeks back, and have a couple mods to the Sb47 in the works. Going to drill and tap it on the left side for a threaded swiveling sling stud, which will allow a left-side sling mount similar to the underfolding stock. I'm also considering drilling and tapping a section of the "forks" so that a long set screw can be threaded between them, resting against the riveted-in pistol grip nut, and also allowing the "forks" to be slightly pulled together for a tighter tension fit, thereby preventing the Sb47 from being pulled out. However I'm on the fence if that makes it a "permantly attached" stock - it would still come off as soon as the pistol grip is unscrewed.

If it isn't a "stock," it wouldn't matter if it were permanently attached or not.  If it is a stock, it's a no-no even if  temporarily attached...

I'd still mess with the thing as little as possible to mount it. Tromix mounts their stocks to a bit of welded in sheet metal and two screws. I haven't heard of any problems with that, so why put in the extra work? But I could see shoving a chunk of aluminum, or even plastic or wood in tightly with a hammer  so that it cannot come loose.

And it still counts as a pistol for concealment laws, so it becomes easier to transport legally and can be done loaded.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I got the echo 93 sling plate for the sb-47 brace... guys its worth the price. Ill still save the old echo sling plate for if/when i wanna go without the sb-47 but i have to admit it installs easy and is functional for a sling without getting in the way at all.

Bit the bullet and ordered the SB47 brace while waiting for the stamp.

My stamp got denied.  Turns out that an LGS can NOT submit your e-form.  You have to create your own account.  Fuck em!  I'll use all of my folder shit with an SB15 and have money left over for ammo.  I'm actually glad as I was getting ready to cancel it.  

Now I have the freedom to have the weapon with no paperwork to carry.  No engraving.  No BS.  Thank you AT muthafukin Fhaha.gif

Considering doing the same. Last form 1 took for fucking ever and I felt a bit let down in all honesty. Had it been.a true pps43 then I would have said it was worth the wait, but in semi auto form it just doesn't seem worth it. Still, its a nice addition to the collection.

Personally I'm sort of leery of the idea of attaching a folding block and buffer tube to the trunnion, then attaching the SB15. I have heard before some talk that the ATF considers pistol buffers on an AR pistol part of the gun's operating mechanism, rather than a stock component. However the SIG 55x pistol folks seem to get away with attaching a pistol buffer tube and using an SB15, when the tube is definitely not needed in that design.

Edited by mancat

Personally I'm sort of leery of the idea of attaching a folding block and buffer tube to the trunnion, then attaching the SB15. I have heard before some talk that the ATF considers pistol buffers on an AR pistol part of the gun's operating mechanism, rather than a stock component. However the SIG 55x pistol folks seem to get away with attaching a pistol buffer tube and using an SB15, when the tube is definitely not needed in that design.

How am I supposed to fold my arm brace out of my way when not using it if I don't use an empty AR pistol buffer tube?

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got off of my ass and installed the Stormwerkz rail last week, then mounted Primary Arms micro to it. Unfortunately I haven't found time to zero/shoot it yet, but the sight picture is great and puts the dot just a little above the front sight post, so though it doesn't co-witness it's close enough to work if the sight fails. I would like to have the PA micro on a QD mount for quick removal, but don't want to spend the cash on one at the moment

I thought about how to secure a sling to it, and I really don't care for the PG-mounted sling plates, or for my previous idea of attaching the sling to the SB47. So I plan to drill and tap a hole in the pistol trunnion on the left hand side, right in the center of where the UF center hinge is normally supposed to go. A 5/32" threaded swiveling sling stud will then be installed there. In the future if I SBR it, either it gets pulled out and simply absorbed into the UF install process, or I use an ACE folder setup to fold to the right, and continue using the swiveling stud mounted to the receiver/trunnion.

p7O4JzB.jpg

Edited by mancat
  • Like 2

I forgot about those. Still I think I will add a stud to the receiver. I like to run with classic AK slings, and I don't want to find myself pulling the SB47 out of the gun when pulling hard on the sling.