Hello from the UK, Saiga AK-104

Hi Folks, thought i would say hello and share a pic of my 104.Its fitted with AKM handguards and since the photo was taken i have fitted a wood AKM pistolgrip to match and an AKM ribbed receiver cover (from Afghanistan!).The scope is a POSP 8x42vd with a red illuminated reticule (same as Dragonov scope, with rangefinder).Its my first AK and love it, it shots nice and gets a lot of attention at the range as i think i am the only member with an AK!.Anyway, heres a pic, hope you like it :)

post-44524-0-53752900-1348651517_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi, the cleaning rod came with it along with a cleaning kit in the little metal holder,a sling,one 30r mag and a 10r mag.When I bought it (from Rusmilitary) it had black plastic furniture and the lower handguard wouldnt retain the cleaning rod, but on fitted the wooden handguard it fits nice and snug.Will have post post another pic now its got a wooden pistolgrip and the AKM receiver cover on.Just got four steel and four Izhmash bakelite mags for it so once ive got my feed ramp in i'll take some pics with a bakelite mag in.

Edited by richUK

How did you get a Kalashnikov in the UK?

Im prety sure he said (in a previous thread), that there is no gas piston and the gas block is welded, thus making it a straight pull back non semi auto. Among other uk requirements.

its got about 3" cut off the gas piston and the gas port is welded up at the point it meets the gas tube and thats it..........no mag capacity restrictions or anything like that, all parts are 100% Russian.The way i see it is a straight pull AK is better than no AK!..........

Edited by richUK
  • Like 1

How did you get a Kalashnikov in the UK?

Im prety sure he said (in a previous thread), that there is no gas piston and the gas block is welded, thus making it a straight pull back non semi auto. Among other uk requirements.

its got about 3" cut off the gas piston and the gas port is welded up at the point it meets the gas tube and thats it..........no mag capacity restrictions or anything like that, all parts are 100% Russian.The way i see it is a straight pull AK is better than no AK!..........

I agree with you there.nice AK

Just curious, how much does rifle ammo cost in the UK?

Currently paying 28gbp for 100 rounds but have found another place that does it for 23gbp a 100.Thats for steel cased Russian milsurp rounds.

Edited by richUK

Handguns in the UK need to meet a minimum length in overall and in barrel measurements.

Pro-TSC-1911.png

1911's with barrel shrouds over the legal length barrels to look like a suppressor

They are generally equipped with a stock like piece sticking out the grip. Basically hard to conceal.

Rifles that require user interface to fire follow up shots are good to go. Bolt actions, lever actions, falling block and some modified interrupted semi auto actions are allowed. They seem to draw the line at pump action center fire rifles. The do IIRC allow semi auto, pump action, lever action and such .22's. You can get almost any semi auto rifle if it has been permanently modified to manual action. You could get a Barrett M82A1 if you removed the gas system.

Shotguns I'm not too sure about though.

KBK

Edited by Kayback

I'm from south africa and we have "rubbish" gun laws to contend with. It was always my assumption that only shotguns were allowed in the uk? Are you "special" in some way, what about handguns?

Very nice ak indeed!

Hi, no im not special in any way.The AK is converted at the factory to single shot/straight pull by welding the gas port and cutting the gas piston.Bolt action rifles etc are allowed but no semi auto rifles of bigger than .22lr allowed.I think the only handguns allowed are muzzle loaders, I think.

Did they ever pass the law to ban sharp pointed knives. I heard a while back that someone was proposing a law to make sharp pointed knives illegal, so you'd have to grind down the tip to a round tip. That's just F*^$*ed UP. But nice rifle you have there.