Corrosive or Non-Corrosive What are you guys shooting out of your VE

Well for $86 shipped I got 440 rounds of the OLD stuff.. for $8/box you can get non-corrosive new stuff from AIM..

That would be $176 (not with shipping) to get the same 440 rounds.. :(

I just bought 1 tin (so far) of the heavy 182gr Yellow Tip to try and some are reporting good groups with it as the twist rate of the barrel is 9:5-1.. hoping to go this weekend to try it out..

nothing wrong with corrosive ammo as long as you do gun maintence and cleaning. the only people that have issues are the lazy that don't clean the weapon.

So it's just like using it in the Mosin 91/30. As long as you clean it properly there is no reason not to use corrosive.

Even better than a 91/30, having a chrome lined barrel, chamber, and gas block all the important stuff will just wipe down with ease. I plan on getting some of the brass cased match ammo mainly so I can collect the brass for handloading... but otherwise I'll only be blasting away with milsurp. If you're not going to use the stuff I don't see the point in using 54r... you'd be much better served with a Vepr 308 if you're only going to shoot new production factory ammo.