Got the parts kit for my stripped lower. It's a CMMG kit that I got from Cabelas. The trigger pin won't go through the trigger and disconnector. It goes through each one individually fine, but not when I put the 2 together. It just barely won't line up. The slave pin goes in but it's just a little smaller than the trigger pin. When I hold the pieces up together I can see where it just barely doesn't match up.

I'm making a DMR rifle so I figured I'd end up getting a better trigger sooner or later. This just made me drop $200 on a 2 stage Geissele. But I was bummed I couldn't put it in right away and now that I started I want it to work.

So If I file the part that's in the way making the hole in the disconnector larger will I:

1) violate any laws?

2) cause other problems?

• 2 months later...

...and it turnd out to be the trigger disconnector spring. Pretty easy fix after putting the project down and coming back to it with a fresh outlook.

And now I'm that guy whose replied to his own post twice, but I just wanted to say I would by the CMMG lower parts kit again, just keep an eye out for a misshapen disconnector spring.

• Like 1

How are you liking the Geissele?

At $180 for the SSA, I've seen countless people say that it's the best money spent on their AR, by a long shot.

I love it (got the SSAE), but for what it costs, I'm happy with just having 1 that's in my DMR gun that I built for accuracy. For the rest of my ARs that I don't usually shoot at over 100 yards, and usually 30-50 yards the mil spec triggers are just fine for me.

• Like 1

How are you liking the Geissele?

At $180 for the SSA, I've seen countless people say that it's the best money spent on their AR, by a long shot.

I love it (got the SSAE), but for what it costs, I'm happy with just having 1 that's in my DMR gun that I built for accuracy. For the rest of my ARs that I don't usually shoot at over 100 yards, and usually 30-50 yards the mil spec triggers are just fine for me.

I think I'm going to splurge and pick up the SSA sometime soon. I also hear good things about the new ALG Defense ACT trigger. It's just a milspec trigger, but it's tuned by Giessele to remove the normal grit and creep of a standard trigger.

• 2 weeks later...