I've started to wonder if the feed lips in the MKA sometimes cause feed problems. I noticed that this summer I had more and more feed problems, especially when it was hot. Upon closer inspection of the feed process, I noticed how the round slams into the steep feed ramp, which pops the round vertically so that it can be shoved into the chamber. When it's hot, shotgun hulls get soft, and I think slamming into that steep feed ramp sometimes mushrooms the round, causing feed problems.

I started keeping my rounds in a cooler during matches and miraculously almost all of my feed problems went away. Was able to win one match and take 2nd in another once those issues were resolved.

Anyone else noticed this issue and have other solutions? Anyone considered improving the feed ramps to make them more gradual? I have considered it, even if it means loosing the ability to shoot 3" shells. I couldn't care less about that. If someone designs an aluminum lower, I hope they fix this issue. Might also be able to fix the problem of over-inserting mags when the bolt is locked open. Easy to do.

All box fed shotguns are rather brutal to the hulls in the loading process.

Some lesser quality shells get squished when ramping up, and heat does play a big part in how tough the hulls are.

In the competition world, a single malf can take you out of the running.

To avoid problems we use the best ammo we can, with the hardest plastic hulls...Remington STS, Remington-Peters heavy target, Winchester AAs, ect.

Even the best hulls will get soft if left out in the heat, so we try to keep them cool.

The MKA presents the shells pretty low in relation to the chamber, and has a rather abrupt feed angle as it is, but with deep stack (10rnd mags)

this presentation angle is even worse.

Throating the entry to the chamber, can greatly reduce malfunctions, you will find many FTF malfs will be the hull deforming and getting stuck on the extractor slot.

A small amount af radius in that area can abate this issue.

Jim