Draco question again

I was wondering this the other day .This may have been asked before so sorry I couldn't find any post on it. If you put a under-folder on the Draco-C and weld it like the PPS-43 would that make it legal still as a pistol until one gets the the paperwork done.I was thinking of doing the paper work for the tax stamp and thought hey the pps-43 has a under-folder and sold as a pistol.

If you put a "permanent" barrel extension on it and make it 16" long first, then you can put a stock on it. You need an NFA letter to add a stock if the barrel is shorter.

This is my understanding of the correct way to put a stock on a Draco.

Don't do it till more people post answers, cuz I may be leaving out something I don't know.

But I am looking to go that way with my M92 so I have done some research.

Is a Draco with a welded closed underfolder legal? Yeah, probably. During the time where you're mounting the stock before it's welded, definitely illegal. Although it's not like someone will be waiting in the shadows to pounce on you for the few minutes it's not legal, it'd be much better to have a Class II manufacturer do the work for you.

Same as chopping a barrel shorter than the legal limit and welding on a muzzle device to make it back to the legal length. At some point, you've got a felonious firearm, unless you have the right paperwork or license.

The short answer to your question is no.

You can weld on a break or other barrel extension that would bring the length of the barrel to greater than 16"and then add a stock. But to add a stock then weld it, technically you created a unregistered SBR to do so. And by"technically" I mean "feloniously".