Modified Vepr-308 for FN FAL .308 Win Mag

well, what I like about the mag well that is shown in the video is that you can easily press it over with your index finger. on my super I find I have to use my off hand to release it because it is way too stiff to just use an index finger.

The charging handle is in an ideal spot because I wouldn't have to either cant the rifle to reach under and across(if standing), or reach over the top which doesn't give much leverage either.

lolz, i dont hate aks, but it sure seems stupid to add a magwell to a gun designed for a diff magazine. css makes decent mags right? its kinda like admitting the platform isnt as good as it coulda been. i really am looking to a next gen ak that is lighter, allows for better mag changes, incorporates LRBHO and has a decent method of attaching optics...for aboot $700

on the other hand, the jew in me likes the concept, as i do have a buncha fal mags

Edited by filthygovemploye

lolz, i dont hate aks, but it sure seems stupid to add a magwell to a gun designed for a diff magazine. css makes decent mags right? its kinda like admitting the platform isnt as good as it coulda been. i really am looking to a next gen ak that is lighter, allows for better mag changes, incorporates LRBHO and has a decent method of attaching optics...for aboot $700

on the other hand, the jew in me likes the concept, as i do have a buncha fal mags

not necessarily about the platform being good or bad, just an alternative option, everyone has their own likes and dislikes, FAL mags tend to be a bit cheaper so I think that was a big reason for the mod, much like some have modded for M14 mags.

lighter AK? best thing that meets what you suggested is the XCR but its not a $700 gun for sure. I'm not sure you would ever see such a thing around that price point.

I do have to question how much strength is lost by cutting the notch out of the front of the FAL mag. FAL mags are thin and last I checked need a little help from the rifles receiver to prevent the feed lips from bending.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm new but, I found something long ago that you gents might be interested in. I really am, because im trying to figure out how to do it.

agoogle search for "hk mags in saiga 308" pulls up most of what ive found, but here isan image :

http://i8.photobucke...42343_thumb.jpg

If anyone knows how this could be done, I'm all ears. I have 10 hk mags collecting dust for a gun i never wound up buying

Edited by BK201

Hello,

I'm new but, I found something long ago that you gents might be interested in. I really am, because im trying to figure out how to do it.

agoogle search for "hk mags in saiga 308" pulls up most of what ive found, but here isan image :

http://i8.photobucke...42343_thumb.jpg

If anyone knows how this could be done, I'm all ears. I have 10 hk mags collecting dust for a gun i never wound up buying

funny I was wondering about doing this last year. nice to see someone pushed through on the concept.

Did you find out how to do it?

no I don't own any of those mags although I know they are very cheap. modifying the rifle to accept them seemed like an expensive proposition. so if I did I would have to see if the mag could be modified to fit like a vepr .308 mag, the slant section would be unneeded since were not using a magwell. so the main issue would be if the mag body and feed lips are sturdy enough to support the mag catch and wide enough to keep from slopping from side to side.